1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling BitFenix Spectre Fans Series

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trueno!, 17 Dec 2010.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

I've just a quick question... Has anyone here had any experience with the BitFenix Spectre fans? If so, please can you comment on their noise and pushing air performance. How do they compare to the Sharkoon Golf-Ball style 1000rpm Fans?

Thanks all.

2. trueno!

So, I guess no one here has any experience with any of the Bitfenix Spectre Series fans!? No problems... I'll just have to lump it and just try them out for myself and see if they are any good compared to my original Antec 120mm/140mm TriCool fans that came with my Antec 300... Thanks for not replying :p LOL

3. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

Hey, I was wondering if you tried them out yet? I was looking for a review of these fans and I came accross this thread. I also have Antec 300 and I am looking for a fan to replace the standard 140mm and 120mm fan that came with the case. I would appreciate if you could share some info about them, even tho nobody bothered to reply to your posts. Thanks!

4. trueno!

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't realise that you wrote in this thread LOL :hehe:... I hope I'm not too late with this reply of verdict of the 140mm fan from Bitfenix... Well I've got a BitFenix 140mm case fan fitted into my Antec 300 and I don't really rate them highly...
    Firstly I found the plastic is too flimsy, the bearings make a very slight clicking noise which can get annoying at times, however the fan needs to be quite close to you for you to notice it so that's a no go for people with their pc's living on the desk... Unless you're specifically listening for the clicking sound and your pc is under the desk (which mine is) you won't hear it 99% of the time as the other sounds from other fans will cloud the clicking noise...
    This fan I have may not reflect the product's characteristics as each fan has a degree of quality variance when they are tested at the manufacturing plant, so another one of these may not be so flimsy or the bearings may spin much smoother giving less clicking noise, who knows unless several of us buy a few and test the differences... but imo I would not purchase another just because of the first time experience judgement...
    If I were to recommend cheap fans, then I would highly recommend the Revoltec fans, because I have 2 120mm ones, they are solidly made and the bearings make a low/deep humming/buzzing noise which is very close to the whooshing sound made from air being pushed by the fins on the fans...

Landy_Ed likes this.
  5. 4D1

4D1 What's a Dremel?

I have 2 x 200mm BitFenix Spectre Fans, I dont have it hooked up to any kind of speed control and i'm not even sure if it can be hooked upto one, but in terms of noise at the standard RPM it is pretty quiet in my system. In terms of air flow, it doesnt feel that great when you put your hand infront of it, but this may be becuase it is spinning at a low RPM and I have no way of controlling the speed.