1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair HS1 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 11 Sep 2010.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, they're easily the best headset I've ever had and the sound is incredible. So I don't care about the numbers :blah: .

2. Kingsley813

Kingsley813 What's a Dremel?

Can someone please give me the definition of a 'gaming headset'? What, a headphone that has a microphone attached to it, ala call centre worker? A headset is a headset. Simple. The 'gaming' tag really takes the biscuit, considering such headphones are such poor quality compared to other headphones that are also equally credible.

I currently use the Beyerdynamic DT250 -- expensive at £160 for the 80 ohm version, but they are just fantastic driven through an Audigy 2 ZS. What's more, the entire headset can be dismantled, and parts replaced -- so they'll last much longer than 'gaming' headsets.

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

For £300 I should hope so too.

4. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Bit-tech should do a review of the two types of Astro Gaming Headphones, the A30's and A40's. They are a bit on the expensive side but for 5.1 headphones that have tons of ports on the mixamp and a good quality microphone it seems like a solid buy for anyone looking for 5.1 on a ps3/xbox360 or a pc with optical outputs. I don't think their perfect for everyone but as a owner of a A40 headset plus the mixamp for over 6 months, i haven't heard anything better. Granted it cost me out the ass to get em. The A30's are the budget model but could still be a solid buy, maybe you guys would take a look at either of those headphones.

Or you could say those headphones are over hyped by MLG and they don't even compare to a solid pair of studio headphones. Either way, a review would be nice. :)

5. John_Mc

John_Mc What's a Dremel?

Buy Corsair products because they're rated top notch, but forget about ever spending any of their so-called rebates.

Corsair offers "rebates" which their customers despise. First of all, you have to bend over backward to try to fulfill it, and if you make even the tiniest of mistakes on any of their forms, your rebate will be rejected. If you misspell, abbreviate, or leave off a single word on the envelope you send your forms in, rejected! If the post office smears the postmark on your envelope, rejected! If the envelope gets "lost" or delayed in the mail, rejected!

But suppose you do manage to make it through their labyrinth of bizarre rebate requirements and finally get your money after waiting month after month after month, then what? Surprise! You don't get a check at all--NOPE! Instead, you get what they call a "rebate card" which you cannot deposit or cash anywhere! But you'd better do something with it quick, because the fees begin to accrue immediately, and Citibank will be only too happy to deduct those fees from your card as fast as they legally can. (So be sure to read all the fine print on that lengthy document which accompanies your "rebate" card.)

So buy Corsair's products because of their great reviews, but you should totally ignore their sleazy rebate b.s.

I don't know about you, but I think I'd rather buy from a more reputable company. God only knows what trials and tribulations await should you need warranty work. Yea, good luck with that!!!

6. etsledge

etsledge What's a Dremel?

Yikes! Did you really buy that? You know the MMX 300 is essentially a DT770 with a mic right?

What I did was buy a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770's on eBay for around $95, then I had Tommyboy, who does mic mods on Head Fi and MLG forums, just mod my DT 770's for another $60. The sound quailty, paired with my X-Fi Forte, is absolutely superb, and I don't have to worry about breaking a clip-on mic anymore. If you want to get a mic mod, I suggest you get in touch with Tommyboy. He does some beautiful work.

Tags: Add Tags