1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Experience With Lian Li PC-A71F?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by will_123, 22 Feb 2011.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Does anyone own one of these or has owned? Looking into it for a water cooling build. I love the simple look to it and it looks large enough to hold everything internally?

Any info on it would be good

Thanks
    William

2. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

We have a variation of this chassis at work, exactly the same internals but with a different front and it's fantastic, 8 hard drives with the standard gubbins and there is a tonne of room left inside.

http://www.pro-clockers.com/images/review/lian li/a71f/pca71f_0035.jpg

Looking at that, if I were to do it I'd have air intake going over the hard disks and then the rad standing vertically next to the hard drive mount making it far easier to fill the loop, I always find top mounted rad's an utter bitch to get all the bubbles out.

3. will_123

Are there any cases that have this size and look but are slightly cheaper? I really like this but really don't want to spend £200 on the case but if i have to probably will because it does look really good.

4. will_123

I am going to go with this case. Like one the guys said on another thread its an investment as that will last a good few builds. Where would you advise the radiator to be mounted with this case?

5. will_123

Would it be possible to cut a hole in roof for 240 rad or is there a better position for it to be used that doesnt need any moding?

6. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

This case and Lian Li in general make some of the nicest cases out there. And it really is an investmanet as it will last you years.

As for the rad, Lian Li make a top panel with a 3x120 cutout. I am not sure if it fits this case ut its worth checking out. Also, i think you will be able to get a 3x120 rad in there.

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I checked earlier, they only have a 1x120 for the 71F but there's also a plain one in case you botch your own.

8. zia

zia What's a Dremel?

I have'd one since they were released,i have say the sleek looks and internal space was one of the many reasons why i chose it.
    very easy to work in even though it doesn't have removable mobo tray. only minor point is that cable routing and hiding can be some what hassle.

some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added sound deading pads and fom to further decrease vibration and sound,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

zia

9. will_123

Thanks!

Mate those photos are great! Was swithering about it but it looks great. Are those fans at the front here 120 or 140 ? Think ill shall park my rad right in there just take those drive bays out and slot him in there.

Thanks

10. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

If you're spending £200 on a case, I would go with the Silverstone TJ07. If you only install 1 PSU, there's room for a 480mm radiator, a 240mm radiator and a 360mm radiator. Plus, it's easy to mod as there's hardly any rivets, mainly screws. It's all still aluminum.

11. will_123

Totally Agree

yes thats true but i totally just love the look of this case i think i might even get myself a dremel and go with cutting into the top for a rad. as i love the simplistic look of the case more than anything and kind of want to keep the door on which i wouldnt be able to do with the rad down the bottom. I have looked at all the other cases and i dont like that generic look with loads of LEDS etc etc. And the case you mentioned looks good fucntionality wise but i like the look of lian li. I just want a plain black case with water cooling but im going for white tubing inside duno why just took my fancy.

12. will_123

The only other case that im thinking about is FT01 Which has that simple look but doesn't have the door like the lian li. Decisions.

13. zia

zia What's a Dremel?

Thanks, mine isn't the tidiest but certainly with sounddeading and foam i 've managed to get near silent as possible,yep the front 2 are 140m,i chnaged the front to some yateloon but found them too noisy and reinstalled the lian lis.
    linky to another guys with same case but have watercooling setup
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18226208&highlight=a71

zia

14. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

internally its virtually the same as my PC A77 Lian Li which is enormous
    It holds comfortably a 360 in the front .. and one in the roof (the ally is very easy to cut with a dremel) If you feel adventurous you could stick two 480's in the bottom and the PSU in the top part its a great case in a nut shell ...

15. will_123

I am pretty close to ordering all my gear now got all the stuff chosen. One thing anti kink coils are they advisable? Will get them if they make a difference. I have gone for 1/2 ID 3/4 OD tubing what be your advice?

Thanks
    William