Hardware Gigabyte M6980 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 1 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

I take it every manufacturer wants to make their own cheapo copy of Logitech mice nowadays.

3. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

If they hit the £25 price point I reckon they have a very good contender. Nice to see a non-gimmicky mouse but there charging a little but high IMO.

4. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

With a name like that, I thought it was a gfx card...

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

6. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

even at £25 a Logitech G500 costs just £10 more and has the same optical laser as the G9x. and the G9x has a maximum of 3200DPI (I cruise around my desktop@3000DPI - i cant stand having a mouse any slower)

soat £25 with a 2000DPI would make it exceedingly bad value for money when you can get so much for and extra £10. go have a look on amazon for the G500. they are cheap and really great mouses without the £60+ pricetag. highly recommended. I liked the G500 so much i sold off my old G9 for it

7. KayDat

KayDat What's a Dremel?

Beaten to the punch. With a name like that, I thought it was a gfx card too.

8. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Already beaten 2 to the punch. I though exactly the same

9. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Is it just me, or does that mouse look like its for left handed people?

10. geoboy333

geoboy333 Not always completely useless

It's almost a carbon copy of the Genius Ergo 555, minus the LED screen. Mind you i doubt it jumps about the screen when no-ones touching it.

11. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

How's the size for peeps with larger hands? I absolutely loved the size and feel of my Logitech MX1000 for size and currently have a G5 gor gaming but it's getting a little old now. I had compatibility issues with other mouse mat being an Icemat 2nd edition but never had an issue with the 2 abovementioned.

12. Technobod

Technobod Minimodder

So which is it?
    Make your minds up... it doesn't really matter tbh, its just these small imperfections that make the reviews seem amateur :(

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I can't put my finger on why but it just looks wrong. The first image, top down, it just screams "not hand shaped".

14. gurboura

gurboura TopLevel Computers

Bit-Techs scoring doesn't make sense to me. This get's a 8 over all, no recommended. Razer Imperator gets a 9 over all, is recommended, and Mionix 3200 get's a 9 over all and get's an "Excellence"

15. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Picked one of these up a couple months ago, and I really dig it. There was a Logitech close in price, but it apparently had some issues with Win7-64, and I didn't want to chance it. The thumb-rest covering feels a little odd, and the thumb buttons could be a touch further forward, but overall it's pretty kick-ass. The Ghost software lets you switch the lighting, having 7 colors or off, DPI from 100 to 2000, adjustable scrolling speed, adjustable polling rate. The macro editing isn't the most intuitive, but once I figured it out it's easy enough. The wheel is awesome, though, having a tilt toward the right in shape, like a cut-off cone (you can see it in the top-down pic), with a nice ribbing to it, and a solid middle-click. (At work I've had occasion to use the new OEM HP mice - the wheel feels sticky, with no feel for it turning, and the middle-click is god-awful.)

When it finally came time to dump my old Logitech ball mouse (I know, I know, but I don't play FPSs), I looked at a buttload of mice. There was no way I was going to pay Razer prices, even with their reputation. I couldn't bring myself to drop damn near $100 on a mouse when, up 'til now, I'd been picking them up for $1 at the used-PC-junk shop. I had a Verbatim wireless laser that was nice while it lasted - a month or so in, and the shaft for the wheel snapped (whatever, it was free.) So I settled on this one, and it's been solid.

If nothing else, I appreciate it when companies get into product lines out of their usual, and they don't suck. (ref the Verbatim mentioned above - I'll buy their blank optical discs, but not PC peripherals.)

16. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

Very rarely will Logitech have issues with compatibility. their drivers are pretty good. I have heard of issues but they were issues with the mouse itself rather then a compatibility issue with the OS.

I have been a keen user of Logitech mouses since the G7 days and after being with them that long you do hear stories of shoddy build quality and dead/dying mouses. but those were just some bad batches.

you should have consulted logitechs forum before parting with your cash. If there was a problem, they would have been able to tell you. but like i said. problems are few and far between, and driver fixes are released pretty quickly if problems are reported.

but im glad youre happy with yout purchase

17. Skellig

Skellig What's a Dremel?

Still using my Logitech MX 518 and still love it. They have great customer support too so when I do need another mouse, I'm going to look at the Logitech range.

Having said that, the gigabyte mouse sounds solid and usable enough.

Tags: Add Tags