1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding question?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MY5T AXD, 2 Mar 2011.

1. MY5T AXD

MY5T AXD What's a Dremel?

Hi all!

I have a quick modding question, since I've never really been into modding untill now. :p

I've seen people on the internet create a PC using the Original Xbox case. Now I was wondering if it would be possible to build a PC inside the case of a PS2 case? Would Micro-ATX fit the chassis or would Mini-ITX be the only option?

Thanks for reading!

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

M- ITX only, I'm sure there's a PC to PS2 already on here, look at the first part, 'cause you'll need to take out a few standoffs from the PS2 case.

An Xbox is possible too.

3. MY5T AXD

MY5T AXD What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the information!

I actually have an old Xbox lying around and might use it either. Will it take a Micro ATX board?

4. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

Micro-atx is probably still to big, Mini-itx is your best bet with a case like that

5. dawg218

dawg218 What's a Dremel?

That really depends though, are you planning on using the original PS2 or the slimline? I think you'd have better luck using the original, since you gain a couple more millimeters of space, and sometimes that extra millimeter makes all the difference.

Plus, the original PS2 contains its own built-in power supply, versus the slimline requiring an external power block.

6. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I've been thinking about a PS3 mod myself, got 2 busted consoles but all the right bits to make one working machine. That'll leave me with the case, so I'm going to do something with it. That or I'll customize one of the cases.

7. DesignBlueprinter

DesignBlueprinter What's a Dremel?

I find a PS3 will be a better case to go for since it is just slightly larger than a PS2 case.