1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling 460GTX coolers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by project90, 12 Mar 2011.

1. project90

project90 What's a Dremel?

after a vast trolling of threads and forums i still can only seem to find the gield icey vision as a cooler for my 460. I see there is a new thermaltake on the horizon but its looks a bit **** and quite pricey, was hoping for around £30 or so, but might just have to bite the bullet and get that beast

can any one help me out here just trying to find a good cooler with a little less noise then my stock EVGA, its quiet enough when idle but when i start playing games it gets quite loud.

any help will be nice guys..

thanks

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Headphones for when you are gaming would be cheaper.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

What case and fans are you running? I'm wondering if your GPU is getting enough fresh air.

All GPU fans get louder during gaming, some more than others. This is what they are designed to do.

5. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

6. project90

i've got headphones its more the fact pc in living room and starts geting to loud the missus compains about it.

case is antec 900 obviously 2 fans in front 1 side 1 in the roof and an h50 cpu cooler.

that actic thing looks a beast, says its quiet and good cooling, plents of space in case for it any way just got my sound card in bottom slot and got 2 more inbetween the g card so that looks a good buy.

wil google some reviews for it.

how come the maunfactures seemed to of missed the 460 out in terms of coolers

7. project90

ok had a look around seems pretty pricey you ned to get the cooler then the mounting brackets sold eperatley, there only $8 but the cooler is £43ish from scan.

checked 1 review said it was good enough to take off like 30ºC in some cases on the ati.

another thing then whats the recommended pastes by some people, still got some artic silver left but has there been any major advances in the thermal pastes?

cheers for the help guys