1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ASPHIAX, 8 Feb 2011.

1. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Hmm, good idea, didnt know they had those kinds of paint. The bleeders have been fixed with the tape but if my temps go to high because ALL the heat is reflected or cant get out, i will definately look into this one. Thansk mate !!

2. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thansk mate, was a real honour! Entered the coolermaster contest to see what happens!

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

I believe that the AquaComputer Aquaero 5 and Koolance TMS-100K and maybe even T-Balancer/bigNG have the possibility of using internal MB temp sensors for controlling the fans. All of them are rather pricey so not an option for most people :( Theoretically all controllers connected via USB could be extended with that option though might require some programming skills to configure it to sense the internal temp sensors.

Awesome updates btw :D one of my absolute favorite current projects on this site :D

4. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thansk man, if you really like it, vote on the EURISKO at the coolermaster 2011 contest!

I checked out the Aquaero 5. It does look good, bit pricy as you say but it has got direct device thermal management. It is just a bit sorry that it is limited to 4 inputs and the info is gathered through "a software" What software and how the device is getting the input is not specified. Wish I had the 160 euro to play around with it ...

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

4 inputs? no it has 8 input channels and 2 of them can be software connected to your computers internal temp sensors. CPU and GPU would be the logical option :p It also have seperate conections for flowmeter and also Aquaeros own pump that will give you 2 aditional fan channels and 2 temp sensors. The Aquastream XT Ultra pump even have a additional internal water temp sensor :p Thought he fan output is in standard 4 channels only but you can extend it with a addon so you get 10 channels though that will cost you even more :s The Aquaero 5 XT even comes with it's own IR remote with a full qwerty keyboard and mouse pad :p Thats the one that cost 160€ btw :p And it comes witha touch display :p
    The Aquaero 5 Pro is only 120€ still pricy but it have most of the same options for uppgrading. The software is the same for both I recon and it's supplied with the unit and it looks rather easy to work with after seing the pictures. but yeah it's still damn pricy :(

6. Shoggy

Shoggy Aqua Computer Staff

Before we get it even more wrong... :D

The aquaero has 8 physical inputs for real sensors which work completely independent from all other sensors. So beside these 8 sensors you can also have up to 4 so called software sensors. These sensors get their values via USB from the PC. So far it is very likely that we will use Open Hardware Monitor for that since it is open source so we can build the necessary communication protocol around it.

Each software sensor also has a fail safe value that can be set. So if the software is not running or the USB communication is interrupted, the aquaero will set a default value after a given time. The value and timeout can be adjusted by the user.

7. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks Shoggy! Good to see aqua computer staff responding quickly to these types of questions.
    I was talking about the 4 software sensors, will it be possible to extend the number of software sensors with an expansion board or something? (I've got 6 HDD's, 3 GPU's, 1 CPU and several other software sources of information in my other PC)

Or will there be a version with software sensors only?

Thansk for the reply! Really appreciated!

8. Shoggy

Since it is only software there will be no additional controller board available that would extend that number. So far we have limited it to four software sensors since we do not have unlimited resources. We already reserved several other sensors for upcoming products so we had to keep everything at a realistic amount.

As far as I know we are not far away from the maximum limit at the moment (other products already in mind) so I guess that number will not be increased in the future. If it can be increased I think it will not be more than 2 or maybe 4 additional sensors - always risking that we will need them later for other things. So for us it is the better option to keep them instead of not being able to use them later or even worse: remove a few software sensors if the initial amount was too huge what would frustrate customers that have already used all of them.

You can be sure that there will never be a variant that uses software sensors only.

9. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Makes sense and for most users 4 sensors will be enough i think.
    Its just the die-hard chuck-it-full of hardware type pc builders that would require more.
    I guess it is possible to have more sources available and change the software to look at a specific sensor? So if i have a major cpu overclock running, i can change the software sensor from the 2nd gpu to another cpu related source? Kinda watch what is relevant for me now and make sure the flow is optimal?

Last edited: 30 Mar 2011
  10. Shoggy

You will have to adjust that in the software that transmits the temperature values to the aquaero.

11. craigr1982

craigr1982 What's a Dremel?

wow, nice to see such an informed response from aqua computing. :)

12. matiss

matiss Minimodder

That looks better and better every time i look in the thread. Keep on the Genius Work ;)

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

My bad then :p Must have read somethin wrong I guess :p Hope I didn't get to much else wrong :p

Good Aquacomputer have so good staff and can give such good information :D

14. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

I fully agree ! With that kind of support I will definately check out their stuff for my next build!

Thanks man ! Hope to have a decent update this weekend as the epoxy clay :worried: has arrived :naughty:

ASPHIAX

15. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Nice of Aquacomputer to drop by! Unfortunately, as the name suggests, the Aquaero's really for monitoring a water cooling system, isn't it, not a fan-controller per se?

16. Shoggy

You can also use that as fan controller since it is a fan controller :D
    Especially the aquaero 5 has tons of controlling possibilities.

17. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here is a small update
    The Epoxy clay is in and I feel like a kid again ...
    (only wished I payed better attention at craft class,lol)

[​IMG]

I was first planning on heating the depron with a small oven to about 90 degrees celsius and then bending it for the rims of the case. But after a small test last week I found out that my hands are not fireproof (How could I forget that :eyebrow:)
    So the Apoxy Sculpt Clay is geving me the flexibility I need and will make for a sturdy rim after hardening.
    [​IMG]

Here is an overview with all the lines on the canope. Took some time but now I can "fill" every thing in with the depron/Apoxy combo.
    "
    [​IMG]

The buildlog on TBCS has been forwarded to Daniel Stahl by one of the guys there. He is the creative director for Star Trek Online. Getting some sort of reply would be AWESOME!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the fun part ! I was really looking forward to the detailling of the canope.
    TYou can just see the case come to life before your eyes.
    FINALLY !!!!!

18. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Oh man this is looking so good, it's already coming together big time.

BTW:

Canope: A container used especially for embalming in ancient Egypt
    Canopy: The transparent covering of an aircraft cockpit

Now if this was Stargate I'm sure Canope would be the correct spelling.

19. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Hi Guinevere,
    I should use Canopy off course!
    Thansk for the headsup!

20. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here is another short update !
    Gotta keep the wheels turning for the may deadline of the coolermaster contest

Still a lot of work.
    [​IMG]

A little jump forward, I was so concentrated on the work, I forgot to take pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slowly but surely its starting to look like something!
    [​IMG]