Peripherals Best music headset/headphone/bundle for <120£

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Captain Awesome, 27 Mar 2011.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I hope you enjoy them!

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome What's a Dremel?

The sound was truly amazing. It is like i am inside the song/track. my only complaint is that my big ears touched the inside of the headphones, which might becoma a bit uncomfortable.

3. docodine

Try stuffing the earpads with some foam or tissue to puff them out more, might help.

4. Captain Awesome

Nevermind, i seem to not notice the pain or irritiation anymore. I guess i just had to get used to it, since all my previous headphones has had open earpads. The sound is also crystal clear when i manage to get high quality audio. Too bad i at the moment waste my fantastic headphones on a Spotify Free account. Don't worry, that will soon change.... hopefully :D

Also, is it normal to lose alot of sound quality when you take the sound trough the chassis' front panel audio header or not?

5. docodine

Is the front panel connected to your sound card or the integrated sound chip?

6. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

I bought the Roccat Kave's a few months back and couldn't be happier. I took a risk after I read Bit-Tech's review on them, they said music was echoey and sound quality wasn't the best - couldn't disagree less. Music is brilliant, bass is punchy, 5.1 works brilliantly (and it's real 5.1 - not the simulated crap you get on some) and games are great. Build quality is great as well, they fold up nicely and the microphone is crystal clear. They are just brilliant. Very very happy.

7. Captain Awesome

The front panel header is connected to the audio card, not the built-in realtek controller.

And, what is the ideal sound quality rate? (like 48Khz, 96Khz, 192Khz....)