1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What could i do what that....hmm....

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jii Dee, 24 Feb 2003.

1. Jii Dee

Jii Dee What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Its the old heater tank for our water. Got central heating now so don't need it no more. I've already got an idea on what to do with it but i wanted to hear some ideas from the BT modders.

btw long ago i was talking about my windows psx. Here it is =p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hehe. still need to put a bloo Led in there and take it to gefore to get a mod chip put in it. it'll be worth it just to see their faces.

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

:idea: You could turn it into an Uber huge water res :D

Thats the best I could think of.. sorry. :rolleyes:

3. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

Attach some long pipes and bury that suckah for some geo thermal cooling :D

4. Jii Dee

Jii Dee What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of using it for a res yer....but i recon its soo big i could do without a heatercore..hot water from the comp goes in the higher socket...cold water from below pumped back into the box...
    plus if i can...chop off the dome at the top and put in a plexi window/door for topping it up.
    Then again its quite big and with tht much water in it at any one time it would get really heavy...dunno if the floor would support it. The alcove it used to be in had a concrete base attached to 2 walls.

I hadn't though of the geo-thermal cooling but even then its not an option. i live upstairs and the ground around here is just a few feet of dirt and then brick.

5. chambochae

chambochae What's a Dremel?

Its copper right? Use it as one very very big waterblock! (just make sure you use a shim!) :hehe: :D

6. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

damn it, that ps1 mod is pretty much exactly the same as one im workin on, does it use a mini-itx mobo? and also is that the original cd drive, if not where did u get it?

7. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

stick a whole computer in it....

8. Jii Dee

Jii Dee What's a Dremel?

sorry on my first post i said windows psx. that was a typo. i ment to typed "windowed" its not a pc in there. heh. would be pretty fuxing sweet if it was.

hmm...maybe if i trapped the boiler to the side of my fulltower i could use it as a giant heatsink no? =]

9. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

I think its just still a ps1 mate with a hole chopped in it and a spray job ;) and lots of dust.

10. chambochae

You could use it as res, and it wouldn't be that heavy either. Just fill it an inch or so more than the bottom hole, and have the water spraying in from the top hole.

Oh! I just had an idea, in zapwizards post one of his ideas is having a non cunductive fluid spraying onto the cpu, then running down and collected in the bottom. Well you could do that inside the boiler! have the whole pc inside it, fill it up to the bottom hole with non cunductive fluid, pump it up to the top hole and have a piece of tubing spraying it onto the cpu, then it runs down/off the mobo to the bottom.

11. Jii Dee

Jii Dee What's a Dremel?

Yer that dust took alot of effort to collect =p. its not just a hole btw. plexi 'mon =] its a bit messy but pfft. paintjob makes up for it.

12. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

hmm...that might actually work...

:D

13. TOPLOADER

TOPLOADER What's a Dremel?

leet_llama you need to know if its an indirect cylinder or a direct cylinder , if its direct then the holes in the side are just that , there should be 3 of them , if its indirect the 2 holes that you show in your photo are conected together via a coil .
    If you put a hose in one of the holes you will find out

If it a primatic cylinder just throw it away its too hard to explain what one of them is i am sure google will come up with something if you do a search

14. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

worlds largest paper wieght.. or if you know what your doing.. filll it with maybe 10 gallons of gas.. go out in into a secluded area (woods or something get a model rocket igniter.. and xplode it.. thats what i would do

15. chambochae

Yeah! i vote explode it. Shud make this into a poll ;)

16. Jii Dee

Jii Dee What's a Dremel?

heh. yer it has 3 holes in it. note the dome at the top and the cut pipe comming out of it. and its hollow, you can hear the sludge inside it...i'll have to clean that out after i chop the top off it...

17. Jii Dee

Jii Dee What's a Dremel?

Oh and no chance in hell of using it for a heatsink. Its got a curved bottom, so i'd have to turn R2s head into a shim for that to work :D

18. Super-Pi

Super-Pi What's a Dremel?

yah yah computer

yah stick a computer in it...

u could cut a window in it and have a mointor if u stand the thing on its side and out of those pipe openings put speakers thats be so tite

19. non3ntity

non3ntity What's a Dremel?

That big copper watertank was practically made for distilling... of course this means you will supply all the local LANs with booze. IIRC some people actually built clandestine stills out of regular plumbing gear like that.

20. eaterofpies

eaterofpies What's a Dremel?

hmmmm home distilling that way sucks cos u can get methanol which makes u go blind :sigh: but freeze distilling :rock:

anyway theyre both illegal in the uk :(

u could melt it down and turn it into a Whomping bat :D