1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress 7CUBED (updated Jan 20th)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tkgclimb, 27 Sep 2010.

?

Should I color paint it or just apply a clear coat?

Poll closed 8 Jan 2011.
  1. color

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Clear

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

This is coming together amazingly. (like I predicted). Good job on the I/O panel. looks better than mine. How did you do it? drill holes and file?

I love the 2-side door thing mechanism you made. cool idea.

2. tkgclimb

tkgclimb man it's all harder than it looks

Thanks, I cheated on the IO slot though, I have access to a plasma table (same way I cut the sides to the box) so we just turned the heat way done and turned the speed up and it cut away. Drilling, milling, or filing, would have been hard on this material anyway since it's thin and hollow.

Yours just looks like it needs a little bit more work and it will look good.

Thanks for the support, and congrats on the MOTM win.

3. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

haha cheater. :grr: :nono: but still good.

And thanks man! I appreciate it!

4. tkgclimb

Update 8/1/2011

Hello, short little update, I didn't actually do anything noticeable but I did receive my pump.

It's a swiftech MCP 35X, expensive but it's small which is what's important.

[​IMG]

Okay so there are two ways to possibly mount it, I did my design based on idea A
    the problem arises with the side hole, the top hole is taken care of with a 90 degree fitting and a triple rotary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

problem here is that I need to get some adapters and grind down the base of the metal to lower the pump so that I can put an extension through the hole and then actually connect to the tube. It looks like a pain that won't work as well.

but plan B looks promising

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here two 90 degree adapters, a triple rotary for the top hole, and presto it all looks good. Only problem is I get less room for the hdd, and two 2.5" are impossible (it was just very very tight before), but i can always use a 1.8" ssd.

I will get more room with both of them when I make notches for the cables (granted only about 3mm but it;s something)

5. tkgclimb

Update 20/1/2011

Okay got some good stuff for you today, while I couldn't make it out to the shop, I dit get some stuff done and some stuff in.

First I had to shorten that pci-e cable, it was just too long and it was too expensive to buy a short one (imagine that).

First I removed the plug from the cable
    [​IMG]
    then I shortened the cable and smashed the plug (with all its little pins) back onto the cable, making sure everything lined up and all. Took a lot more effort than I expected.

[​IMG]

Trimmed and viola
    [​IMG]

Now onto my presents, first I got a package from MDPC-X and Nils

[​IMG]

I also got tape to color the PSU wires,

[​IMG]

But I know this is what you really wanted to see

[​IMG]

Next a package from performance PC's, I still have to get some more stuff from there, but i"m waiting for a black 90 degree adapter to come back into stock.

[​IMG]

Bitspower fittings (Got BLue o rings in case they show anywhere)

[​IMG]

a heatkiller block

[​IMG]

Here's the rad and fan in place, the fan hits the memory (which I knew would happen) but a little sanding on the fan will take care of that. The fan is an artic cooling pwm fan with PWM sharing (means an extra PWM plug), which i'm going to use with my pump.

[​IMG]

Speaking of pump it's not fitting to well

[​IMG]

It's okay, I'm going to see if I can manufacture something with multiple angle adapters, I was hoping my triple rotary snake would work but it doesn't fit either (it is and was going to be used on the radiator, but if it fit I would either get another one or figure something else out for the radiator). If you guys have any ideas let me know, they would be appreciated.

PS: I'm also having trouble finding out how to formally close the poll (you know so it doesn't say poll next to the thread name, since the poll isn't active anymore)

Last edited: 20 Jan 2011
  6. tkgclimb

Sorry I've been busy.

Sorry i havn't posted in a while i've been super busy (school and exams comming up)

But here is sume stuff
    it's not much, I still need to figure out the pci-e (still not working) and I need a part for the psu sleeving.

Wiring
    [​IMG]

SEE TUBING FITS :)
    [​IMG]

TESTING PUMP (it's a beast)
    [​IMG]

Sleaving, not great but first time, and won't be seen much. (outside coil will)
    [​IMG]

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Yes! You're back! I love the sleeving colours! Well done.

8. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

good looking case, don't really like the riveted hinge tho... =/

9. tkgclimb

sorry about that, but hey it's great to be missed

ahh, thats one of my favorite parts. but each to his own. Thanks man