1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bought from third party seller in AmazonUK, payment made, then nothing...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by mystvearn, 4 May 2011.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Hi,

I just bought a Lego Harry potter years 1-4 (pc) on amazon UK from a new just launched seller. Payment made-got response saying next day delivery (this was last week in the middle of those two long weekends). I noticed my bank account was deducted, then noticed the arrival date change from next day 25/4 to 30/4 then between 30/4-13/5.

I have already sent an email to the seller regarding the item today , but it seems that the storefront just vanished. Now I am thinking this is a scam seller. I know with ebay I am protected with the paypal payment method, but not sure what to do in Amazon's case. Amazon does say use a link to lodge a report if nothing comes by 16/5, but I think its too long, even for second class post as I bought it on the 24/4.

Does anyone know how to about with this? Ideally I want the game and don't mind it being late, but I think this seller just got the money and vanished. Any idea how to get a refund?

2. Deders

Deders Modder

Paypal or bank card?

3. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

bank card

4. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

So you used a bank card to purchase something from an unestablished seller?

In your shoes, I would contact Amazon again, and tell them that nothing has been received, no item has been shipped out, the seller isn't getting back to you, and that you are extremely disappointed and want the entire transaction cancelled.

5. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Yes, looks like that is the only way.

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

i wouldnt worry just contact amazon.

when you buy on amazon your protected by them so they will sort the issue for you.

7. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Thanks for the useful info. Now to wait for the shipping period to end before lodging a complaint

8. Stuey

But that's another 11 days! I'd lodge another complaint now if in your shoes.

As mentioned, tell them about the seller's not responding to you, there's been no shipping information, and how money was already taken out of your bank, and that you just want to cancel the whole transaction as you're extremely disappointed by the unresponsive seller and the entire situation.

Amazon took your payment, sent most of it to the seller, and kept a little for themself. It is entirely within their power to give you a refund immediately, and then the burden will be on them to go after the seller.

9. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

I can't as the option is greyed out. Need to wait until 16th earliest

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Don't worry too much, I'm positive they will sort it out.

11. Stuey

Oh, didn't know that, sorry.

Still, good luck!

12. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

You can still ring them cant you? To tell them of the situation and that the seller seems to have disappeared completely off the site.
    The best thing they can do is refund your money now and the worst thing is tell you to wait until that date you posted and give you some advice.

13. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

i received a supposedly new xbox 360 controller from a third party of amazon which didnt work, seller didnt reply to any contact so i left it to amazon and they looked at the case and refunded me without quible

14. carajp

carajp What's a Dremel?

Amazon's customer support is second to none. Plus they always and automatically take the buyer's side in any dispute. Since buyers can (and do) sometimes scam you too, it makes for some injustice for a seller sometimes - but I think it's the right way to go overall.

So the wait is annoying. This has to match Royal Mail's systems as that is what 99% of sellers will do. And Royal Mail won't accept things are missing for x number of days. If Amazon jump in right away, honest sellers can be left without goods and without money, as RM sometimes do find stuff after a fortnight.

I don't think they get many scammers because their system is set up that they can claw the money back from the seller straight away, so I can't imagine there's much point if you're trying to make a dishonest bob!

But you WILL get every penny back. :)

15. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Thanks. Why ring, also, they will just tell me to wait until the end of the shipping date to make a complaint anyway.

16. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

In the mean time, buy it from somewhere else