1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice P8P67 & Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jevy_b, 24 May 2011.

1. jevy_b

jevy_b What's a Dremel?

Ah yeah, I'd already noticed the voltage issue, but thanks for confirming :)

The BT GO! thing really is a bit silly... it's on the vanilla P8P67 too.

I'm hoping that the 560 will last me for a while. I'm really just making sure that I don't have to upgrade the graphics for some time, and if I get a new monitor... well, I won't have to fork out for a new graphics card too.

My last graphics card was around the £120-130 mark, and shortly afterwards I bought Crysis and Supreme Commander and had to turn down all the graphics settings :sigh:
    Paying about £60 more than this means that I know my card will breeze through rendering most games out there (on my modest monitor, anyway) and the Frozr will do it quietly.

Bored of having my PC sounding like a harrier at liftoff :grr: lol

2. jevy_b

jevy_b What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I'm still wondering if I'm about to make a mistake, but I really like Asus motherboards :blush: there - I admitted it: fanboyism :blush:

But to be fair, the MSI is so close to the Asus in terms of features and test scores... I don't think it'll make much difference. In fact the Asus performs better, speed-wise, it just loses out a little on features and price.

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I love asus bords aswell but if i was building my rig over again I wouldn't be going for an asus board. I have had nothing but problems with it.

My friend and i both bought our sandy bridge rigs at about the same time and both went for the p8p67 boards and now both of us are thinking of sending them back when we get our B3 for msi/gigabyte boards.

And just to put the nail in the coffin one of my other friends got an msi board and hasn't had one single problem with it yet, and that was his first ever build.

4. tommo1975

tommo1975 What's a Dremel?

I know it's going off topic slightly, but what problems have you had with the P8P67 PRO? I've got one in my rig and it's been great. Admittedly my rig's a pre-built one and came overclocked (i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz) but I've not had a single problem with the machine in terms of stability.

5. scuppy

scuppy Minimodder

They do indeed fit together, you will however need an extra hand to support the heatsink while screwing in the base plates as it was rather tricky. once on though it is a tight fit over my corsair vengeance RAM.

[​IMG]

6. jasonst888

jasonst888 What's a Dremel?

Had Asus P8P67 Pro for couple months now and not a problem, generally I've heard that most people have more problems with other make boards and wish they had gone with the asus. But to be honest I think its just a lottery, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, all can be really good or really bad, just because yours happens to be one way or the other seems to be a poor basis for making assumptions about the whole range. I know 4 people happily using the Asus motherboards for sandybridge, but I see here two people who have problems....Im sure somewhere there is a poll on it.... might be worth trolling through multiple forums looking at how many complaints there are about your intended board, but remember people unhappy complain, people happy rarely bother saying my new motherboard works fine not a problem....

7. jevy_b

jevy_b What's a Dremel?

I would like to know this too. Did you and your friend both have the same problem, murray?

8. jevy_b

jevy_b What's a Dremel?

@scuppy: Thanks for posting the photo :D that's really helpful.

9. crosshair

crosshair It's life Jim but not as we know it

I'm a big fan of Asus boards too. My second rig has a Striker II Formula ROG and has performed brilliantly for the last two years.:rock: I hope the P8P67 does the same.:baby:

Tags: