1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News WiFi health risk report based on ‘alarming lack of science’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 May 2011.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Am I the only one thinking that just by standing on the surface of the Earth we are already in the middle of a huge magnetic field? And does just standing in sunlight not cause your body to absorb significantly more microwave radiation than a mobile can belt out?

2. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I think I've posted about this before, but as bogie70 alluded, you're more likely to receive harm from your device than any transmitter/receiver station (i.e. a router or mobile phone mast).

The signal strength follows the inverse square law, meaning it's proportional to 1/d^2, where d is the distance. Thus, at 1m you'll receive a certain strength, at 2m you'll receive 1/4 of that and at 3m it'll only be 1/9 - the strength drops of exponentially. Thus, it's the device that's right next to you that's likely to cause harm.

In fact, if you use a mobile phone you're actually better off having more masts around you - if you have poor signal your phone will have to transmit at a higher power than with good signal (much like you have to shout in a club so someone can hear you - in a library you can just wisper). If you have more masts around your phone will use lower power, and since the phone is the main source of the radiation you experience you're much better off that way.

3. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

^ Oh snap!

Of course, it's a well known-fact that Wi-Fi and cellphones cause harmful radiation and that's why there's so much stupidity and cancer in the world today. Lol, for real..?

These people are complete luddites, afraid of technology because they don't understand it and I'm sure if there was any real actual legitimate risk at least they'd have warning pictures of half melted faces stampled on routers, just like cigarette packs. Heh.

4. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

- .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / .-.. .. ... - . -. .. -. --. .-.-.- / ... .--. . .- -.- / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .. -. / -.-. --- -.. . .-.-.-

5. Bonze

Bonze usually befuddled

dammit - best cancel that bananaphone order.....

6. E_Spaghetti

E_Spaghetti What's a Dremel?

Let's not forget that carbon dioxide warms the earth. Like the ****in sun has nothing to do with it.

-Espaghetti....your fowl-mouthed "creationist"

7. E_Spaghetti

E_Spaghetti What's a Dremel?

You people censored me? F U C U

8. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I think we get 99% more health issues from the direct exposure of the sun, magnetic waves around the earth, space particles bombarding the earth, the nuclear disasters of Chernobyl and Japan, plastic particles in the oceans, exhaust gas and all sorts of pollutions coming out from the industry around the world... Then one radio frequency wave called WIFI.

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

directional can put out some good focused radio waves.. but it is a lot like the sun- our bodies can handle that up to a certain point

think the issue is our bodies reaction- it could be our bodies react the same to the sun.. you ever wonder why there's tension built up in your body around a lot of devices emitting radio.. then when there's a power out, that tension is released?

I been building a lot of yagi's for wifi recently- those focus the waves off the dipole into a tear into the direction of the driven elements.. so you can turn like 2 watts of power into something illegal (eirp).. I can feel the tension when shooting off even a watt- I guess some people are just a bit more sensitive than others (goes back to the b monkey)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

now dish is really focused- it's why they use them for satellite tv and why it goes to pot when it rains (the signal is bent down)

my dad was telling me in at&t, they would put 2 dishes up on the tower.. one on top of the other.. when it rained the signal would bend and be caught by the dish underneath, then they had another backup at another altitude and if all 3 of those failed, the switchers would automatically route around the tower

I dunno if you guys heard that story about the security guard who fell asleep in front of a tv station dish and they found him baked like a ham.. wifi isn't totally harmless at higher power- it's microwaves

your the reason this country is going into the dumps :wallbash: so dumb don't even have common sense.. now go clean that toilet

10. chris66

chris66 Minimodder

....report based on ‘alarming lack of science’

Bit like the massive scam that is man made global warming then. I sometimes think that the West want us all to revert to the Dark Ages......

11. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

All the girlies say I'm pretty fly (for a wi-fi). Sorry, bored I'll get my coat

12. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

"Alarming lack of science"? GLaDOS would not approve

Maybe these people would be better as test subjects, though I'm not sure how successful they'd be in tests either...

Tags: Add Tags