1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Lian Li pc-v600 project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by icutebluezone, 31 May 2011.

1. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Hi all. most of you will know me and my custom case's I have started another one. :)

Case is a Lian li pc-v600B. Picked it up off good old tradme. Anyways lets get started.

This is what the case looks like stock and as I got it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photo time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After stripping it I installed the Lian li wheel kit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moved to the bottom of the case and cut out the rad grill.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also cut the plates off from the bottom of the 5.25" bays that went to the 3.5" bay unit.
    [​IMG]

Test fit where the PSU will go.
    [​IMG]

Top of the case taped up and marked out. Easyest way I have found is to use a automovtive double sided tape on the back of the rad grill and place it in the right place of the top or what ever place you working on and get it lined up and press it down and then drill the 4 corner holes and bolt the grill then drill the rest and them make marks on the tape for the hole. Then remove the grill and cut the hole.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photos of it cut out. You have to love cutting into a Lian li case.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New plates for the front PSU and plate to fill in the rear PSU hole.
    [​IMG]

PSU plate.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installed a grommet for the wires from the fan controller and a handle to hold the wires up out of way.
    [​IMG]

Reused the PSU support bracket.
    [​IMG]

Grommet is for the PSU mains cable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front wires back into case.
    [​IMG]

Bolting the rad grills in.
    [​IMG]

I will say that the a.c.ryan rad grillz are not the best on the marked in quality. Some of the slots are longer and some shorter as you can see in this photo. My cutting on the other hand was perfect. Next time I think I will buy a differant brand grill.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice black covers and screws.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top filters and grills in place till I get fans.
    [​IMG]

This is the fan controller I have.
    [​IMG]

Moving on to the back plate to fill in the old PSU hole.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me with the case.
    [​IMG]

Not to sure on how Im going to mount the hdd's or what hardware im going to install. How ever I have got a ASUS dvd writer and a Silverstone 500w PSU. Thinking about cutting window in side panel or maybe just mod the holes in the panel already.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: 31 May 2011
  2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Looking really good, will there be water, or just a lot of fans?

I'd always wanted a V600, but they were damn hard to find, so I got a V1000 instead...

3. icutebluezone

Fans / water not to sure. Wanting to go water. And just go given a idea to look at of installing a SSD and laptop drive on back of mobo tray. Going to look into it that will give me 5.25" bays free for a res. :)

4. kaiser

kaiser What's a Dremel?

Hey nice work on the PSU relocation, I've always been tempted to try something similar.

Guess the new location makes good sense too considering the upside-down mobo.

5. icutebluezone

Picked up a 2.5" 80gb sata hdd for free today to test where I can install drives. Locations where the hdd's could go without having screws in the way. I would install a sheet vinyl behind the hdd's so the electrics cant touch the mother board tray. Also install a thremal pad on the side panel to make contact with the hdd to make the side panel work as a heat sink.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a 47mm by 12mm gap at the bottom of the motherboard tray for the wires.