1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam TF2 now free to play

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RedFlames, 24 Jun 2011.

1. Polymorph83

Polymorph83 What's a Dremel?

I have had tf2 since launch and have been loosing intrest due to the cosmetic and perk weapons , thankfully there are some vanilla servers out there .

2. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I am struggling to understand the point of TF2.

I have down loaded it and played a few hours - it just seems to me that the small maps and quick re spawn make it just a pointless mash with no strategy.

Also there seems to be no progression to work towards. Achievements are pointless in terms of game play, and other drops are just random.

It is quite a laugh I will play it some more and see how I get on.

Feel free to point out what I am missing!

3. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

You're probably playing at a bad time i'm finding it really hard to get a good game at the moment with the hundreds of new players. A few tips though.

Go through the server browser and not play now. Avoid the valve servers as nearly everyone there is new so it will be pretty hard to learn anything off of more experienced players. Also avoid saigns and night-team servers as they operate on pay to win essentially.

Game mode wise i'd recommend either cp or payload maps. Avoid ctf as most people treat that as deathmatch and completely ignore the objective in my experience.

In the server browser turn off simplified mode and have a look at the tags avoid anything with increased or instant respawn as that ruins the balance of most maps. Also avoid anything over 24 players, between 8 and 18 gives best gameplay in my experience

Half the battle is finding decent servers to play on

4. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Only started playing this due to the F2P change.

And same thing, it seems fun. But the fact that there are so many servers im a bit lsot as to how to find a "good" game.

It annoys me a bit that you can join a game half way thru making the teams unbalanced and the like.

Ill keep playing it casually on the side. Its pretty fun. However Ill take the above notes on board and try to find a decent server.

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

With the F2P the team gameplay is suffering.
    Lets hope the freebies learn to play as a team member, so many Rambos... It reminds me of early L4D.

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

TF2 is a great game, and is a very tactical game if you play seriously.
    As said above, play on smaller servers, competitive play is 6v6, which is awesome, and also highlander (9v9, one of each class per team)
    As you get bigger maps, you just end up with a lot of spam, explosions everywhere.
    And I agree, payload or capture the point are the best modes IMO.
    Although you should also try a couple of fun ones (basketball for practicing rocket/sticky jumping or dodgeball for reflecting)

7. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson What's a Dremel?

TF2 has befall added about accessorizing than rag for some if you’re totally that nervous put your old untradeable substance on similar to your grade make and just have fun that way human apperceive your harder quantity and let or something. Extra smart grab your butterfly blade and now play the pastime. I am a bit afflicted by their lodging that any purchase on Market is plentiful to get the excellent account.