1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte Factory Tour 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Jun 2011.

1. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

I would estimate that between 70-80% of all woman in the world who are of an age and capable of doing so will bare at least one child.

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

women brains are wired to handle repetitive tasks that require finer dexterity then that of the wiring of a mans brain.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I'm an animal, human, Anti fascism, rights activist..... theres nothing you can tell me that i dont already know...

And like i said, Gigabyte would be paying them a far wage if they are encouraging press to come in and not affrade to show off there working conditions.. where real swet shops that make YOUR sh!t do not pay a far wage and would not lot the press anyware close to the factory...

Also most of there land is owned by animal feed companies to feed animals in the EU and USA to produce YOUR animal products not mine! that's why you can see poor starving area's that have plenty of farms, but none of it is for them, its already sold and owned by meat and dairy companies in the west.

:thumb:

4. Crossing

Crossing What's a Dremel?

...so why can't they give me a new case with WORKING audio jacks?

5. Kacela

Kacela What's a Dremel?

I used to be in charge of building hundreds of servers a month for the telephone company SBC (at&t) here in the states, and your tour impressed even me. Thank you bit-tech and Gigabyte - I enjoyed the ride!

6. Drekz

Drekz What's a Dremel?

So that's how they made by UD5 - pretty cool :)

7. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Really liked that cheers, Id thought it would have been alot more automated.. less human input to assembly. cool... Now do Asus.. then EVGA.. :p

8. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

We used to make stuff like this in the uk once.......

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

we use to make stuff like that too here once... and people wonder why there is a Global Economic crunch... two word is to blame... Greed and China. No I am not condoning China for taking advantage of every ones greed, that is smart thinking on their part, just saying that with manufacturing all going to china, it reduces the values of other countries and the products they offer thus the economic issue we are in now.. all to save a buck and for the higher ups to line out their pockets with some more green.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Would have been nice to see some video, but it's always fascinating to see the "behind the scenes" stuff. Kinda reminds of the "How it's Made" programme that's endlessly repeated on Quest; when they feature automated production lines that programme is mesmerising!

You're partly right. Greed is to blame for the economic downturn just as much as greed is to blame for economic boom. And the actual cause of the economic downturn was the same cause as the housing boom that preceded it: the sub-prime mortgage market.

People farm stuff out to China because it's cheap - even when you account for the cost of import & export. That was going on long before the current downturn was a twinkle in an investment banker's eye. Doesn't just happen with manufacturing either - why do you think there are so many off-shore call centres?

11. GIGA-Man

GIGA-Man GIGABYTE UK

You can find more factory tours here including video ones

Already done for this model: link

Last edited: 8 Jul 2011
Tags: Add Tags