1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The scammers are at it again

Discussion in 'General' started by bulldogjeff, 1 Sep 2011.

1. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Look what I got today..keep your eyes peeled guys and tell all your friends and family.

It actually looks like the real thing in the email. Funny thing is, I don't have an account with Llyods...

You are seeing this message because LloydsTSB Security has detected suspicious activity on your account and has temporarily suspended it as a security precaution.
    This may be because your LloydsTSB account was accessed from an unfamiliar computer or you have made changes in your account information.

You will be able to regain access to your account once you complete the automated security verification process.

How can i regain access to my account ?

To regain access to your account, you must confirm your identity by completing our automated security verification process.
    To begin this process, please visit LloydsTSB Website and enter your login information and password into the appropriate fields.

You can do that by simply typing www.lloydstsb.com into your browser or by clicking here.

You will then be taken through a series of steps to help verify your identity and, if necessary, scan your computer for viruses.

The security verification process is automated and is not designed to be time-intensive.
    In most situations, you should be able to confirm your identity and restore your account in a few minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sender: LloydsTSB Account Security Department.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You do know that all the high-street banks have issued statements saying "We will never send you emails, don't click links in 'em.", right? :p

3. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

I get these sometimes from lloyds, halifax and barcleys, i bank with neither :lol:

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Welcome to 5 years ago ( atleast ), these phishing emails are becoming more frequent but alarm bells should start ringing straight away if you get one which asks you to click a link and enter personal details; just mouse-over the link they ask you to click and look in the status bar- the email address will be gibberish or a poorly tweaked version of a real-sounding address.

If in doubt, phone your bank and check.

5. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Some banks send emails. I know one of my credit card providers does.

6. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

My bank send me emails.
    Apparently it is ok because they use my name in the copy. what, the bit of my email address before the @? oh right. ok then

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Had one from Santander today as well. Blocked, reported, sorted :thumb:

8. DaveBC

DaveBC What's a Dremel?

I had a Halifax one last week but I do not have a Halifax account :)
    I replied informing them I am not that thick.

9. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I get these everyday, sometimes 2 or 3. Delete Delete Delete.
    You will also get them from Paypal, Vodafone etc. Its all bull.

10. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

.....and they now know that your address is a valid and monitored email address.

Prepare for more spam anytime soon.

Just report and delete.

11. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I may convert a single rubbish PChave it linked to the internet ..riddle it with virus after virus
    and just have one msn account on it .. and click every single spam email I get to it ..You never know I may get promoted to Manager of The Nigerian National Bank

12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I've had a fake one from Natwest and Paypal in the past. Even had a fake one from VirginMedia...it was a very good fake too. I reported it to them.

13. TOLLEY

TOLLEY What's a Dremel?

That's scary I had one from hsbc and I don't bank with them

14. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

its been going on for ages, i regularly get them from all the major banks, best bet is to goto banks website, get their fraud email addy and forward the emails to them, they respond quickly to remove the fraudsters

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I get them all the time and never for the right bank lol

16. sp4nky

I'd be more worried if I only got them for the bank I'm with - like how do they know which one to send?

17. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

They don't, that's why they send out multiple versions pretending to be from every major organization out there ( banks, ebay, paypal, insurance, broadband etc etc ).

I'm surprized that some people are so surprized...

/old cynic

18. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

^^^THIS^^^

Christ, a lot of you haven't seen these yet?

Set up a Spam account, do a google search for "mugu guestbook", leave your unaltered email address on a guestbook that pops up in the search... be prepared for the deluge of Spam. My spam account has several *thousand* emails a day, and phishing must account for at least 10-15%.

Not that I used to bait scammers... no sir, that would not be fun... :hehe:

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I get crap like this in my business email account every day, from every bank but my own bank lol. I also get crap purporting to be from paypal, which is also amusing because I do not have a paypal account registered to my business email address.

20. sp4nky

Then you're doing something very wrong. My hotmail account, which is what I generally sign up to stuff with, gets maybe 5 spam emails in a day.