1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Graphics card problems. BSODs

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by steflizz, 1 Sep 2011.

1. steflizz

steflizz What's a Dremel?

Installed card, turned the PC on and black vertical lines appeared. I then installed latest drivers (11.8), installed and restarted fine. Put the PC to sleep and I get a blue screen on wake up. When the PC has been powered up from a shutdown, text is unreadable, it then gets to windows logo then after that just blank screen forcing me to restart.

System specs:
    AMD 2.5ghz x4
    4GB RAM
    XFX 6870 1GB Black Edition
    Corsair CX 500w
    Motherboard GA-M68M-S2P

I've tried many things, even got the card tested at the place I brought it from, they said they couldn't find a fault after extensive testing. So, I will try one last go on here then I'm returning it.

Once I've managed to get into windows with the drivers installed, I can play games for a long time without a hitch, it's only when the PC has been turned off in some form or another the problems arise.

2. Mr Jonny T

Mr Jonny T What's a Dremel?

Is the card overclocked? Did you buy the card new or was it second hand?

If this was a replacement graphics card, did it do this with the old graphics card?

What does BSOD say?

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

4. steflizz

Card and everything else is at factory defaults, the black edition is factory overclocked though.

Card is brand new and no the old card (4850) never failed me once for the 2 years I've had it.

BugCheck Code: 0x00000116
    Caused by driver: dxgkrnl.sys

...and I think my mobo is the Rev 2.3.

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah try the new bios, looks like FC.. looks like they had some vga problems with that board that were fixed last year

6. steflizz

Already have.