1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3 Beta

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Digi, 7 Sep 2011.

1. stouffer

stouffer What's a Dremel?

I was stoked about Diablo 3 when it was announced, it's been so long now that it's starting to run out of steam for me; with Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile on the way it'll be interesting to see if Diablo 3 can hold up against some pretty solid alternatives.

2. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

That didn't work, bought my own copy of D2 so that I could create a Beta profile. :eyebrow:

3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

So is this coming out before Xmas? I just remembered I pre ordered it from Amazon about a year ago!

5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

me to parge grabed it for 24.79 or something off amazon

6. Digi

According to Blizz they are still shooting for a 2011 release. Hacked beta files seem to hint at 5/12/11 - so let's cross our fingers.

Anyone got their grubby mitts on the beta yet?

7. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Not here.

However apparently unbeknownst to me, they released/updated the Diablo 3 Community site...

Furthermore they also recently released a "Skill Calculator" which lets you mess around with all the Active/Passive Skills and modifying the former with the Runes to see what effect they have. Basically you can see what skillset you want your char. to aim for:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian

Anyhow, i've been messing around on it and come up with a nice Tank build that will suit my Barbarian.

Am somewhat disappointed by the Monk and Demon Hunter skill sets however... weren't as many skills that i was actually interested in. Monk had quite a lot of support abilities when i wanted him as my main DPS, whereas the Demon Hunter had a lot more Trap abilities than i wanted.

Doesn't mean i couldn't eventually find something that would suit my liking however though.

8. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I saw some people on some forum somewhere that talked about the beta. They said it's like "WoW 0.5". Not sure exactly what that means tho.

9. adam_bagpuss

lol wow 0.5 pffft not even remotely the same.

its probly just rage over the fact you need to be online to play or people thinking its an MMO.

The game is not an MMO there arent servers that everyone HAS to join. its a single player game with multiplayer features that requires a constant internet connection.

If i only want to play with my friends which is waht ill be doing then i can. Ill host my own game and invite my friends and randoms wont be able to join.

10. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

What about the gameplay though, could they have been talking about the combat? Is it all Warlocks and Hunter and stuff?

11. adam_bagpuss

its not even the same genre

diablo is a hack and slash loot fest.

wow is basically a quest grinding single player game until you get to play end game with other people.

i guess i can see why people are comparing it but i bet most kicking up a fuss are people that thought gaming started with wow in 2004

in fact if anything wow is more like diablo but really rubbish since it was release 10 years before it so maybe we should rename wow diablo 0.1 mmo

12. Digi

No no no, no! Nothing like WoW. The only similarities are loot desire and auction house. Other than that it's not and MMO it's a co-op RPG hack and slash mental death machine!

Well, since the announcement on pretty solid evidence last week that the closed beta invitations were about to go out to all and sundry I've heard and can find **** all more info. I've even heard that from a few beta testers that it could slip to 2012... :(

13. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

14. Digi

Yup Chesteh above is right! The full closed beta, that is to say, us public folks beta has now started. European invites should be dropping in today at some point so check your mail accounts and your battle.net account to see if you've been added!

Post here if you make it in, I know I will. :clap:

Link to diablo fans post including blizzards quotes:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/905-closed-beta-begins/

EDIT: Didn't see ChEsTeH had also posted the link..

15. paith

paith What's a Dremel?

In case any of you haven't done it yet, be sure to update your Battle.net account under beta profile settings to try your luck at getting a key. Good luck!

16. paith

paith What's a Dremel?

17. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

Diablo 3 delayed until 2012 :(

quote:

We commonly use the term “soon” when referring to Blizzard releases, because we know that no matter how hard we’re working to reach a target, we’re not going to compromise and launch a game before it’s ready. For Diablo III, we were aiming to launch by the end of 2011. As we’re announcing globally today, our new target for the game is early 2012.

While this news might not be a complete surprise, I know that many of you were hopeful that Diablo III would ship this year. We were too. However, this week we pulled together people from all of the teams involved with the game to decide whether we felt it would be ready before the end of December, and we grudgingly came to the conclusion that it would not. Ultimately, we feel that to deliver an awesome Diablo sequel that lives up to our expectations and yours as well, we should take a little more time and add further polish to a few different elements of the game.

The upside of today’s announcement is that we will be running the beta test longer than we initially planned, which will allow us to invite more of you who have opted in.

For those taking on the Diableard challenge, we salute you -- and now fear for your well-being and personal hygiene. We hereby issue an official reprieve to all Diableard participants, including Blizzard employees, if you want to trim or otherwise manage the lower half of your face. We’d still love to see your beardly achievements, and we look forward to seeing more of your efforts as we move into 2012, but not to the detriment of your workplaces and significant others.

Thank you everyone for your support and anticipation for Diablo III. We’re still moving ahead at full pace, and we’ll be keeping you fully informed of any news and developments here at Diablo3.com, including the specific release date when the time comes, so stay tuned.

-Mike Morhaime

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/199763/diablo-iii

18. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Pssh, given how much I loved Diablo 2 I am surprised by my total absence of emotion about this. Diablo 3 is looking like a fantastic game, and I think I may buy it when it gets discounted to £20, but after RPS' article on the beta and the way a disconnection can lose you so much progress, I think I will only play it if there is a cracked offline version.

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'll get the 360 version I think (If/once it's released) - No need for a constant internet connection then.

20. Digi

I'm heartbroken. On the flip-side I've been waiting for years anyway.....