1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an out of the ordinary video connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 3one5, 19 Sep 2011.

1. 3one5

3one5 What's a Dremel?

I need to run DVI from my computer to my monitor. The problem is that I need that dvi connector to fit through a 1.5" pipe which isn't happening. I need to have some kind of break in the cable. I've thought about two DVI to HDMI cables and then connect them with a HDMI femal/female barrel.
    http://www.outletpc.com/im5953.html?gclid=CLjjh7GEqqsCFc_D7QodX1sZRg#axzz1YQbANi9u

First, will this work going from DVI to HDMI and then back again? Second, anyone have a better idea? I thought about finding a company that makes custom cables that could slap some type of amphenol connector in the center of a DVI cable.

2. 3one5

3one5 What's a Dremel?

Looks like it will work. I forgot that I have a DVI to HDMI adapter. I hooked my DVI to HDMI cable into it and it worked fine. Looks like I just need to order another DVI to HDMI cable and I will be set.

3. Blanx3_Bytex

Blanx3_Bytex What's a Dremel?

Serious section probably isnt the place to post this kind of question, unfortunately. Someone might move this to hardware in the morning. Hope you get this worked out

4. 3one5

3one5 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for getting me moved. I ordered another DVI to HDMI cable. We'll see what happens but the short term test worked fine.

5. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

6. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

That would work, but he'd still need to convert from DVI to HDMI so he'd be wasting ~£40 when he appears to only be going a few metres.

Best bet is the DVI to HDMI cables and connecting them, given that they're digital and you're not going too far there shouldn't be any signal loss/degradation.

7. 3one5

3one5 What's a Dremel?

8. 3one5

3one5 What's a Dremel?

It's only 15 feet so I am thinking that I will be OK.

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

9. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

This seams bleeding obvious but...

Cut off the end and the rewire it.