1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Deus Ex:HR

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by law99, 10 Sep 2011.

1. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

You can't skip/talk your way out of any of the boss fights. They're all FMV-dumps-you-in-you-must-kill-them type affairs.

I'm presuming that he means the first boss being Zeke Sanders, in the Sarif Manufacturing Plant, rather than the actual first boss, who is much, much later on. And a nasty shock if you've been playing as pure non-lethal stealth.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

To confirm - I was referring to the boss mentioned in Paradigm's post. General consensus seems to say he is not a boss after all!

Completed it last night - I don't think I will ever play through again though.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, i will do a 3rd playthrough sometime later, just because of Hangar 18 achievement :). Can't understand how can you say you will never play it again.

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I'm going to play through again to be sure. Might try never being seen. Then an ultra brutal playthrough.

And yeah, the fist boss was a nasty suprise for my non lethal guy.
    All I can say is thank god for the barrels of explosive lying around and the emp grenade and frag grenade in the locker. Oh yeah, and for being able to save mid fight and piss about with your inventory. Yes, it stuck out, but not as a sore thumb. It would have been nice if you could have just lost him or something.

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I don't think I will play again because ...

1. By the end I was fully auged up - so there are no new augs to try really.
    2. None of the choices you make in the game affect the endings - as you can choose them all after the final boss anyway.

I did mostly enjoy it though and would recommend it. Next time they need to remove the boss fights (or provide an alternative way of getting past them) as if you are playing stealth they totally break the atmosphere.

6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Also gonna do my 3rd playthrough this weekend. 2nd play through was for the "don't-kill-anyone-ever" achivement. Problem is I f*** up somewhere :waah: just wish where was a stats page to help keep track.

... and word of advise faugusztin: the computer hacking for that achivement: :jawdrop: not funny!
    Make sure you keep about 10 nuke viruses for just that one system

7. faugusztin

Did that together with highest difficulty at same time, as i stated above. 8 disabled (not killed) opponents,
    2 of them were crazies in final figh
    . Unfortunately i got detected somewhere, so no Foxiest of the Hounds.

Tell me about it. I finally reached that spot, and was "WTF. No way!". :D

8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I never seem to use the nuke viruses. SO that could be good. I use the stop ones a plenty though but never go below 5.

I'd definitely play through again. I'd like to be a massive son of a bitch and murder everone, then go do the foxy hound, never kill anyone route. So three planned at the very least. Including the first that is!

I'm in China now. It's a big environment for sure. Have just done the side quest for Mei and planted the drugs in that guys house. One thing that puzzled me is, aren't they going to be in trouble anyway regardless as he saw me punch him in the face?

What gives with the interactive items go yellow? That's one thing I don't much like compared to the old one. Less interaction with the environment.

9. faugusztin

Options. Turn it off if you dislike it :).

And about your current in-game status -
    And how would they connect Jensen to them?

10. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

I encountered one annoying thing yesterday that nearly made me rage quit.
    When in the server room in Tai Yong Medical and dodging all the frickin lasers, I cleverly cloaked to get into a side room that had lasers across. I hadn't saved it for a while and quick saved in this room.

I went in there to hack a computer and see if I could turn off the lasers which I couldn't. However, because my hi tech master sneak theif is unable to open the door inwards I had to set off an alarm EVERY time no matter what.

I wouldn't mind if the door was one way, but clearly in this dystopian future all doors open both ways. FFS Jenson, get a grip and open the door inwards you tart!

11. law99

law99 Custom User Title

It's not Jensens problem whether he has a description or not. The guy knows he got punched in the face. So, from prison he is going to order the same people to kill Mei that would have knew to avenge his death in the first place

And yes, the option to turn it off is fine... except, unlike the original, so much is a static part of the game world. Glasses and lights and you name it, so little is interactive compared to the first. <not that the interaction was anything to scream about.

I am complaining, but I do think it's a fantastic game. I think Bit-tech we're right. It's one of those games that inspite of all these things, boss fights, environments with invisible walls and such, it's a brilliant game and worthy prequel that I will play again and again I'd imagine.

12. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

At what stage in Detroit do you need to choose your weapon loadout?

I have a stockpile of weapons in an alley. I am about to get on the helicopter to go the boss fight. Will I ever come back to Detroit? I.e should I pick weapons just for the boss fight, or should I pick the weapons I want in the next city, or should I pick weapons for the boss?

I have a lot of cash (knocked out all the chaps in the police station and pilfered their possessions) can I buy praxis points anywhere?

When you pick something up can you rotate it? E.g if you knock a fridge over is there anyway to make it stand vertical again?

Apophis54 likes this.
  13. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Its better to pick wepons that work with how you play the game as a whole. specific weapons that you might need for a boos fight will be provided in that level (though many are well hidden)

You can only buy 2 praxis kits per city hub level. SPOILER!!:
    Meaning that you can buy a max total of 10
    The rest is earned through exp, or found in certain missions (VERY few)

Many things in the world will "auto-level" themselves when you pick them up (barrels) but some don't (fridges, boxes, creates). Basically: if you can lock the cover system onto an object, it doesn't auto correct its standing.

:thumb:

14. Slavegirlemily

Slavegirlemily What's a Dremel?

I think its an amazing game so far but i agree that the boss fights totally mess up the atmosphere, especially if your going the sneaky route.

its refreshing to play another game that doesnt shove you down a certain path, seems like there getting very rare these days :(

Apophis54 likes this.