1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Spooks is back!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 19 Sep 2011.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Just noticed on iplayer. I've never been this excited.

Last season!

here.

USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE, TA.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Sep 2011
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I oh so love Spooks.

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

GOD DAMN THAT WAS AWESOME.

Yeah I love Spooks too, it's pretty much my all time favourite TV show.

But if this episode is anything to go by, this season is shaping up to be one of the best.

Not too keen on the two new ones, but then I haven't been keen on any new person in the show.

Dimitri looks like he's stepping up his game. I quite like him so glad he'll be a bit more central.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Sep 2011
  4. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Aww man, I started re-watching it from Season1, and I don't want to jump forwards! Annoying...

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

For those of us not watching it as it's broadcast please use spoiler tags as much as possible. If someone lets a big plot chunk out un-spoilered bans will follow. :p

However the program ends it's been a fantastic roller-coaster ride so far, ranging from the truly ridiculous to sublime in plot, but always thick on interesting and likeable characters who have the highest chance of getting snuffed out from any TV program I can remember.

My predictions for the finale: Harry dies. No two ways about it, after all those who have gone before; the central, untouchable figure is Harry. To finish the program he's got to go.

6. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I always loved spooks mainly for its meandering plot lines, double crosses and character progression.

snape kills dumbledore

I am quite sad, yet uplifted that they have decided to move onto the hour and give spooks a great send off.

7. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Honestly I will sob like a girl if Harry dies.

Jo, Adam, Lucas (EDIT: Well... not Lucas!), Colin I cried when they died
    But if Harry dies... It'll be like losing my dad!

I agree though... To end the series properly he should die and given that Spooks is Spooks, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see him and Ruth live happily ever after in Bermuda or something either, which would be upsetting and a properly rubbish ending.

I was thinking last night it would be ultra cool to have Tom Quinn come back, and maybe Zoe! They're often dealing with retired folk so it'd be easy to put into the script.

Not going to happen obviously, but would be cool! I Spy Apocalypse is still one of my favourite episodes of any TV show ever.

EDIT: Also I didn't put in spoiler tags because it wasn't saying much, but I'll put absolutely anything about new episodes in tags from now on:p

8. Krikkit

Either him dying or living happily ever after with Ruth somewhere wouldn't be a problem for me, an end is an end, I trust the Spookers enough to let them do it decently.

Mr Quinn's return would be absolutely epic, but I'm not sure it would really fit trying to bridge old spooks and new spooks.

I must admit that Danny's death was particularly hard going - the last of the original field crew still about at the time, so brutally removed!

RE: Spoiler tags - plot speculation needs no tags, anything from a new episode must be tagged for the enjoyment of others. I know a few people who Sky+ all the eps then watch them as a marathon in one go, I'd hate to see an errant spoiler tag ruin it for someone like that.

9. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

When Danny died it was kind of a "I'm sad but GOD DAMN IT DANNY YOU'RE A HERO! The best of British!".

I thought maybe something along the lines of Harry gets completely in the crap and can trust no one so goes to Tom (who's set up a security company in one of the books) and stops at Malcolm's for a brew on the way :D. Tariq is alright, just no one can compare to Malcolm.

As for Colin's death, that was one of the most heatbreaking things I've ever seen.

10. Krikkit

Colin was totally uncalled for.

11. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Anyway

The SECOND I saw Tariq's house I knew he was dead :(. HARRY, YOU NEED MALCOLM NOW! But yes, whilst the premise of a lost laptop was a bit dull, god damn this series is shaping up to be epic. Awesome awesome awesome. What I said last time about Dimitri stepping up his game... The squad feels a little bit weak, it needs another strong male character in it/needs Callum to be less annoying and crap.

12. Krikkit

I haven't seen it, but I can just see a sad smiley breaking through the spoiler text... I'm braced for sad times. :(

13. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

Oh no, our encryption can be broken in 10 minutes! I knew there was something wrong with that code wheel... They're using teh botnet - quick, flood the interwebs with viruses! That'll slow them down... I'm just gonna go finish this top-secret work on my home PC - create a secure connection! Oh noes, my £20 netgear router has been hacked! I think I'll make an emergency phone call... wait, there's no time! Must go outside! HNNNNNNG.

14. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Yeah, I facepalmed at every single one of those points in the episode as well.

15. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Yeah but not everyone is a sophisticated l33tz0r hackers like us guys, come on!

Also, why does MI5 exclusively use macs?

16. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

Sure, but when computer security plays such a large role in the plot, it would be cool if they could make it a bit more realistic... when they go out of their way to put in statements that only a geek would understand such as
    (when asked how long it would take to make a copy of a laptop's hard drive) "this badboy can rip 2 gigs a second, under a minute". Lets assume that he meant 2Gb/s, the laptop had a 15GB SSD, and the badboy had an expresscard interface. So far, so good! It still doesn't explain their recovery of a working 3.5 inch mechanical drive from the remains of the laptop after it explodes:duh:
    It just makes suspension of disbelief that much harder, and isn't needed.

17. windy

windy What's a Dremel?

Anyone else notice there was only about 3 characters in the opening credits of the first episode? Then they added some of the new ones for the second episode

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I should just say, the actor who plays the Home Secretary, Simon Russell Beale, is my upstairs neighbor :thumb:

windy likes this.
  19. windy

windy What's a Dremel?

+1 rep

20. Krikkit

Oh wow,
    can't believe Tariq is out for the count - hopefully he's not dead, just incapacitated...

Also,
    the computery ******** - don't forget to just ignore it. It's always been crap, I just gloss over those bits