1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Constant BlueScreen

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by scotiax, 30 Sep 2011.

1. scotiax

scotiax What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 13 Aug 2016
  2. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

First thing I'd do is to try and get some information from the bsod itself. To disable automatic restarting do the following:

Start->Right Click 'Computer'->Select 'Properties'->Choose 'Advanced System Settings' on the left hand side->Make sure you're on the 'Advanced' tab->Under 'Startup and Recovery' select 'Settings'->Under 'System Failure' uncheck 'automatically restart'

(Under 'Write debugging information' you may also want to change 'Kernel Memory Dump' to 'Small Memory Dump', if all else fails then you can post the .dmp file for analysis)

Next time you have a bsod make a note of the details shown on screen. They may be a little more useful in diagnosing the problem.

3. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Quick google shows that it could be down to driver issues? I would check that you have the most upto date drivers for GFX, Chipset and Soundcard and go from there. A couple of people have reported issues with Taskbar smart menus eg Soundcard and Display so you could try disabling them in the start up menu?

Let us know how you get on.

4. Si*

Si* What's a Dremel?

Did you remove the driver before removing the wireless network card?

5. scotiax

scotiax What's a Dremel?

6. scotiax

scotiax What's a Dremel?

7. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

What's your system and is it overclocked?

8. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Download WinDBG, Load the .dmp file into it, run !analyse , see what it says.

9. Xcellenye

Xcellenye What's a Dremel?

I had that very same blue screen but never figured it out and every time the machine would start it would go into that so i had to get another copy of windows and re install

10. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

You're best bet is Windbg, it may point to a problem driver or something. If you've enabled small memory dumps you could try uploading them somewhere (I'm not sure if bit-tech allows attachments) and I could post the analysis on here, otherwise you could have a go yourself, I followed this tutorial to get it set up.

11. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Your going to either need to copy the .dmp file here or onto WinDBG as suggested already the info on the blue screen photo is too limited, the .dmp will tell us what exactly the issue is likely to be.

12. jossi007

jossi007 What's a Dremel?

Sounds like a hardware problem. Does it still happen if you disconnect all the unnecessary hardware?