1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games that have totally destroyed you :)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chebob, 4 Oct 2011.

1. Chebob

Chebob What's a Dremel?

Ok so we all get frustrated with certain games/levels sometime, I was just wondering which in peticular have cursed the bit tech forum :) Mine would have to be Halo 3 on legendary, and trying to play command and conquer 3 with an xbox controller :) Also, as an obscure one, I remember a game called Star Wars Jedi Power Battles for the Game Boy Advance, it was a platformer, and on the first level you had to jump across about 6 pillars, only thing was that the pillars were in 3D space, but of course the game was just a side scrolling 2D platformer, and I could never jump onto them, I would always fall infront of them :eyebrow: Still havnt got past the first level :)

Lemme know im not on my own :D

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

3. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Battletoads on the snes. Absolutely killed me

4. Chebob

Chebob What's a Dremel?

Im glad I wasnt around back then, I reckon games have got easier since then, very few games have actually felt hard recently, if it has its usually my own fault because I didnt pick up some gun I needed, or didnt know where to go or something :)

And Fizzban, maybe this thread could focus more on game ruining glitches or stupidly desined levels or something, I duno :)

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Gosh, there are loads! I hate boss fights so it is usually something to do with them. Probably the most annoying that have got me the most mad are....

1. The last boss on Killzone 2 - I have never been able to get passed it on any level.
    2. Any game where you have to protect an AI character who seems to forget this and goes charging head on at the enemy. There was a part of GTA IV that this happened which my Xbox controller nearly did not survive.
    3. More recently the boss fights in Deus Ex HR. I made my character for stealth and turfed up at the first boss fight with a tranq rifle and a stun gun. Yeah, there were loads of weapons around but at that point I hadn't used any of them before! Next time I hope they remove the boss fights - this is a game where they are totally unnecessary.
    4. Nearly every game I had on the ZX Spectrum - three lives and that's it - start from the beginning. I simply could not go back to those days - probably why I couldn't get into Demons Souls at all - not my idea of fun anymore.

6. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Agreed, Natalya from Goldeneye instantly comes to mind.

I hated that woman.

To this day I haven't finished the whole game on the hardest difficulty, some of the challenges for the cheat achievements were ridiculous as well, though I forget the requirements now.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Hopefully Dark Souls will completely destroy me when I get a chance to play it tonight. Demon's Souls punished failure and that made it very hard at first, but the key was that you had to fail in the first place to be effected by this. On multiple playthroughs as strategies become more well known a lot of the challenge goes away. Multiplayer difficulty scaling was also insufficient to compensate for the advantages of an extra player. Simply stacking on more health and damage to enemies and bosses doesn't mean anything if the player has the fight perfectly figured out and never gets hit in the first place. I'm looking at you, Flamelurker.

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Echo the Dolphin.

9. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Still to this day the ONLY game i have completed 100% including unlocking all the extra goodies, the amount of times i replayed levels because i was a couple of seconds short of the achievement was crazy.

Its the main reason that i stopped playing FPS games :wallbash:

10. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

Haha there was a race on Banjo Kazooie on the N64 which I couldn't do at all.

My brother tried it and did it quite easily. I realised later that the further ahead you were the faster the opponent ran. So to beat it it was best to hang back until the end. Man did that suck.

11. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

There was a Nintendo magazine that told you how to do all those and IIRC they weren't as hard as first appeared.

Which one was the hardest?

12. vodkas666

vodkas666 What's a Dremel?

Many football manager games have also cost me my degree.,I know I'm crap as a captain in reality but it seems to make everything so much better :D

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Commandos 3 and QWOP

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Through The Fire And Flames on expert Guitar Hero 3 (i specifically say 3 since the version on Greatest Hits does NOT count *rant tappy sliderbar ********)*. Took me so long to get that ****er down.

And still, the hardest thing i have ever EVER come across in video games is staying in formation during the training mission in Starwing in the SNES. Through the rings, shoot this and that, blah blah, all dead easy but the formation. Ridiculous.

Finally, getting wiped on the toughest raid boss of an MMORPG because of a two to three pixel wide misclick cost me a new mouse. I'm not proud of that rage but it would have been a server first AND we wiped when it had 0.2% health remaining :wallbash: Someone else got the kill about 10 minutes later and our team couldn;t get back to that level of performance for about 2 weeks *sigh*

15. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Contra, Gradius and R-Type from years back. IMPOSSIBLE. Ghouls and Ghosts I managed to crack after an extended session, even going through the game twice.

16. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

most games annoy me ..but thats why I play them I guess lol

17. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

****ing altered beast, never completed that

oh and warning forever but that doesn't really count

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I never finished the end of Front: Mission Evolved, just couldn't be assed with the ridiculous final boss.

Plenty of other games have punished me, but most haven't managed to stop me finishing/carrying on with them.

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Watch all of his videos, all funny as hell.

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Dark Souls spent all of last night having its way with me over and over again. The claims of increased difficulty are true.