1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: Painkiller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 11 Oct 2011.

1. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Got it for next to nothing on gog.com. Haven't gotten around to installing it yet, but this article just gave me the motivation. :)

2. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

I miss games like Painkiller, just true FPS.

Castle Wolfenstein, Doom 1/2, Quake, Q3A, Rise of the Triad, DN3D, Unreal, Painkiller.....still waiting on new games of the same ilk.

Guess the only one would be Serious Sam as DNF and Rage have gone console FPS clone IMO?

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Oh this game gets the adrenaline flowing. Not much in the way of story, but the pace is frantic and induced much swearing and sweating.

4. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

You might want to play Resistance 3, it brings back health packs and the giant backpack-O-guns and their tons of fun to use. Online isn't so solid but there is a lot of good meat on the bones of that game. It does feature some newer features like sprinting and perks for online play but it does feel more like a game made in the 90's.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Just like Serious Sam this one is just placed in hell. It's a fantastic romp in adrenaline even if the story is paper thin.

6. bigD69

bigD69 What's a Dremel?

I gotta agree with that.... Painkiller was a great game....First game I played online was Quake 2, deathmatch was just so much fun, team games were good too...I even got dual ISDN put in to get a better ping on the DM servers...used to cost me a fortune cos we still had to pay for the phone time back then! LOL
    Nowadays the games just don't seem quite as much fun as just spawning into an arena with like 20 other players and a bunch of guns and just fragging the hell out of each other! :)

7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Fantastic game, great graphics (on that time of course), great heavy metal music, lots of creatures to kill.
    I remember that level were you had to kill lots of nurses - sexy monsters with huge syrenges in their hands:)

[​IMG]

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Wasn't all the music done by Zakk Wylde? I seem the recall the credits song was an Ozzy effort.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Only £3.95 at Zavvi! Significantly cheaper than Steam. :)

I never played it, but the stake gun sounds like it needs to be used... :D

10. Alperian

Alperian What's a Dremel?

It was excellent. I didn't know that it created a fuss.

11. Xunsu

Xunsu What's a Dremel?

its a awsome game, reviews hit it quite badly as well scored quite low which was odd as for the time the graphics was some of the best and my god it ran sooo smooth and the sound track. how could you not love a simple first person, I would perfer to play it than COD imo

12. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

I never played this! But game music by Zakk Wylde? This is the world I want to live in!

Tags: Add Tags