1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Project

Discussion in 'General' started by stewe151, 23 Mar 2003.

1. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

Okay, I need to do an oral presentation for my english class, and I need to use something to use the computer to display text so that everyone can read it, but be able to scroll through it.
    My presentation is on poetry, and I need to be able to display the poems, one at a time in a certain sequence, so that people can read them as I'm talking.

I wanted to use powerpoint, but I have never made any powerpoint slides, and I don't know what software I'll need.
    I also thought of using HTML, and just linking to other pages that contain the next poem.

I'm open to any other idea's. I am a bit stuck as to how I should do this. If someone has some easy idea on how to make powerpoint slides, or a different way to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

For Powerpoint slides you need MS powepoint would you believe it :lol:

3. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

And you'll need one of them expensive computer to projection projectors to display the thing properly. Check first of all if your school has one.

4. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

yep, it has one of those, and even a smartboard to go with it :D (it's college, not grade school)

5. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Ah sweet. If you're going to use a smart board then all you need is power point. It's dead easy to make slides for it. Just use the arrow keys to switch between them.

6. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

:jawdrop:

7. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

Power Point is very good for presentations-I have had to do enough of 'em!!!!:grr:

8. ƒlamika

ƒlamika What's a Dremel?

The primary school (elimentry school?? in USA) which my mother teaches at has a few smartboards and projectors... all nicely in a new computer suite room thingy

Its fun to go in and just play games over the projector on the smartboard, most computers are pretty good with GForce3 cards.... and its really only 5 - 10 year olds who use them!

...anyway, if you use powerpoint try and keep the background simple and the same throughout (unless to emphasise different poems?) and avoid using tonnes of ways of having the text appear on the screen (swirling, fading, scrolling ...etc)

its so annoying sitting for a few minutes watching the slide appear, and pretty tacky. (but thats only my opinion of course)

-ƒlamika