1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News YoyoTech weekend deal on Core i7-2700K

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 28 Oct 2011.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Sorry I didn't mean for it to come across as an accusation but it just seems wierd to do a promo for a specific retailer.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Wow, pretty harsh there guys. Claave was only trying to be helpful and save you a few extra £'s on a new build or an upgrade that you might have been thinking of. I have to agree though, personally £12 savings isn't enough to make me want to buy even one of them. I've seen them cheaper and bought them in the past. I do need a couple for upcoming builds in a project, but I'll be looking to get them even cheaper again for that - sponsored :)

[edit]

Oops, I was talking about the 2600k, I didn't realize it was the newer 2700k.

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
  3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I *think* the point being made was why only mention this deal specifically? Why not all of the other deals that are currently out there?

I mean Alienware are currently offering 15% off of all of their laptops (quite a saving on some models) yet there is no mention, Ebyer currently have a HD6950 2GB on offer at £189.99 yet there is no mention of that either.

What is (was) so special about this Yoyotech offer that means it deserves its own news story?

3lusive likes this.
  4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

This was exactly what I wanted to point out :)

5. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

I think its because they wanted to mention the new release of the 2700k, but also noticed that Yoyotech had an offer on it so decided to run with that as the title. But I understand that it may seem like 'wtf 5% is nothing and why single out Yoyotech', well hopefully I answered that in the first sentence (not that I can speak for Bittech!).

6. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Exactly where do you buy 2600K's for $240? I'll buy at least 4 at that price right now!

7. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

8. venus

venus What's a Dremel?

Hi . i'm just waiting for my build with 2700k to be finished but review has me worried as you failed to get a good OC on the same mobo as my build is using, weve got the corsair hydo 80 as cooler but as we were wanting 5ghz the reviews worried us

BTW (no HT) comp is for computer chess so no HT is needed for it

Anyone know why OC failed with that mobo(Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 ) ?

9. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Chess software is optimized for 8+ cores, especially Deep Fritz or Deep Rybka 64, so HT on your 2700k will make a substantial benefit

10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Don't what the big issue is here all that happened was that it was put in the wrong section. I just think if it was Scan or someone else nothing would have been said.

Next time just put it in the bargain section in Marketplace

11. KraniX

KraniX What's a Dremel?

Well it does seem a little odd to post this, not something I've seen BT do before, if this really is an unsponsored post then my apologies for presuming dodgy intentions.

Must say I've been very disappointed with the lack of news post Bit-Tech add to the site, I'm a subscriber and I've been visiting less and less over the past few months as there seems quite a lack of content day to day which is a shame and then to see this really did annoy me.

12. venus

venus What's a Dremel?

@ 3lusive

we run a computer chess forum...yes we are females and pc dummies but know more re fritz and chess engines than most

HT is not recognized by chess engines and is actually detrimental to them, you will see higher knds but do not be fooled by that ,

they recognice real cores not cyber ones , check out houdini chess site if you doubt me

back to subject

we need advice re that motherboard failing to OC with the 2700k as it OC's the 2600k faultessly ...but only up to 4.8 ghz

13. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

That's why I was glad that Scan didn't get enough on the day of release to fill all their orders. I was able to change my order and buy a 2600K instead when I saw they weren't as good as the hype. I'm only up to 4.5GHz stable on air (1.35V Vcore), I got 4.6GHz stable (1.39V) but the motherboard (Maximus IV Gene-Z) temps went up to 123C, so I throttled back until I receive all my water cooling parts and finish the build :)

Tags: Add Tags