1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling case fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fleck, 21 Nov 2011.

1. fleck

fleck What's a Dremel?

well after reading this im still not decided on what fans to get to cool my silencio case...i need two intake fans and 1 exhaust fan, all 120mm.

iv looked at the cooler master sickleflow also but cannot find thr R4 90CFM version anywhere...

im only hoping to spend around £40 max on these 3 fans

Noise isnt an issue but nothing too stupid...i.e the delta 202 CFM from the test above is abit too loud. 40 DBA isnt too loud :)

high air flow is the target here. my system is in my signature, what would you reccomend?

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

If we're talking 120mm fans then Silverstone Air Penetrators as intakes and a Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM on exhaust works for me. This is in a Fractal R3 typically referred to as the 'hot box' in reviews but mine is really cool with this fan profile.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Thats what I'd go for :)

4. fleck

fleck What's a Dremel?

well im now looking and considering two 1850 scythe gentle typhoons for.intake and 1 4250 scythe gentle typhoon for exhaust maximising airflow what u think?

Sent from Bittech Android app

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

No. Two Air Penetrators will provide excellent directional airflow over the HDD area and help cool the GPU. This sets up a positive pressure environment so a single 1850RPM Scythe Typhoon is enough on the exhaust.

6. The Protocol

The Protocol What's a Dremel?

Get Excals. I have them and they are certainly not quiet at max but I always have them at max and the sound is a soft whoosh, nothing violent or unpleasant. Rated 86CFM. Decent build quality. Useless rubber mount kit comes with them. Removable blades. £12 each when I bought them though (120mm)

7. Spikey101

Spikey101 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, bumping this instead of starting a new one. I bought some Coolermaster sickleflows for my Coolermaster CM case, they were rated at 19dba but they are loud as hell, much louder than the ones that came with the case (Cant even see a make on them). Am I expecting too much, or are they naff fans? I want to order three new ones this weekend as im getting an SSD and want to clean out the case and get it all back working nicely because im planning on sorting out an overclock over the xmas period. Im happy to order the setup you guys said about above, but only really if it will improve sound!

Thanks for any advice guys.

8. PAULWARDEN

PAULWARDEN What's a Dremel?

would the same fans be any use in an antec 900 cant afford to get a new case at moment and wanted to change fans as blue glow is getting a bit old for me now.i also have an xillence red wing on side panel over gpu these are cooling a phenom ii 940 oced to 3.6ghz with a corsair h50 in push pull configuration using the rear antec120mm fan and the corsair one .

9. Jan143

Jan143 What's a Dremel?