1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V 2.0 Speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chrisc1277, 9 Dec 2011.

1. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

Morning,

Im looking for a set of 2.0 speakers for my computer, simply for listening to music every now and again. I currently use headphones, but having recently moved out on my own, i feel i can make abit more noise (yey!)

Ive had a search on here, and i cant find a single thread about 2.0 speakers, there all 2.1. Not really been a fan of 2.1 setups, ive come here to ask you fine fellows for advice!

any you'd recommend? taking into consideration they wont be used THAT much, id rather not break the bank is possible.

thanks!

2. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

What's your budget? The creative T20's or T40 are excellent but they are a bit expensive

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Will you listen to them while standing at more than 1m from them ? If no, monitor speaker such as KRK's could be pretty nice. But monitors are meant for proximity listening, you lose a lot when you're moving away from them (1m and above).

4. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

i was looking at the T40's, they look nice. but i think for the amount of times ill use them, they might be a tad expensive. I could always keep my eye open for a cheap second hand pair though. Id like to say around £30 but it depends what i find, or whats suggested.

yeah ill mostly use them for listening to music while sat at my desk. Ive got a better setup in the living room for listening to music while wandering around. Those KRK's look good, not heard of them before, but ill go and check some out.

5. Bede

Bede Minimodder

M-Audio AV40s are pretty good, but at £100 are out of your budget. £30 will not get you much tbh.

6. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

i can recommend Asus sound station thingy .. its 5 speakers in one unit that sits under your monitor .. you even get the sense of surround sound ... its not cheap but it is great quality sound .. (well is to my tone deaf ears) :)

7. Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179 What's a Dremel?

I agree with Bede...for £30 it ain't gonna get you any half decent speakers, particular 2.0. If you can stretch your budget to £55+, then you'd open to more options.

8. flame696

ok what about the creative T10's smaller brother of the T20 and T40 links below

Creative T10

9. Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179 What's a Dremel?

Well, you pay for what you get...

I was in Curry where they had both the T40 II and and the T10 on shelf for demo...

let me put it this way...it was unfortunate that I listened to the T40 II before the T10...when I switched on the T10, I quickly switched it off in less than 10 sec...

10. flame696

but as he has only £30 to spend its the best for that amount of money, if he had £100 then as i did in my previous post recommended him the T20 series 2 or the T40

11. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I have the Creative T20s and can vouch that they are very nice for their price.

They have a nice range and sound at low volume close in, and can fill a medium size room when required without distortion.

If anything they can have too much low end (these are media speaker not audiophile) but they are solidly built for their price.

As you have correctly assumed, a nice pair of 2.0s are a much better option than 2.1s at a comparative price.

I would never touch a 2.1 system with a barge pole quite honestly.

T20s are under £50 on Amazon, so if you can raise your budget a little you would be pleased with them and they are built to last.

The thing about computer speakers is, if you go too cheap they are no good for anything other than computing, will always disappoint you and will not last.

If you spend just a little bit more they can double up as your hi-fi and you can really enjoy watching films and other media.

Clearly there are better speakers but I have been very happy with them for the price.

12. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

thanks all for your replies. its very appreciated.

As i havnt heard any of the speakers youve suggested, the T10's could be an option as its pretty close to my budget. Although As Jimmyjj says the T20's are under 50 quid on amazon so perhaps this is something for me to consider as its 20 more.

I think now ive got a couple to think about ill see what i can find with a bit of research about both and decide. if i decide T20 ll have to wait til the end of the month so im sure whether the christmas budget will allow :)

thanks all! :)

13. GrameSmith

GrameSmith What's a Dremel?

Creative A60 2.0 Speakers - Black, £13.99. its cool.