1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 2 GPU Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by staggerlee, 9 Dec 2011.

1. staggerlee

staggerlee What's a Dremel?

Hi all few questions on GPU. Im looking at getting a GTX 560 ti gpu but have a few questions

1: what's the difference between say ASUS and MSI GTX 560 tis. Is there a preffed manufacturer?

2: Do you find it best to get a mobo and a gpu from the same manufacture so you know they fully compatibly or is there just no need?

thanks

s

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

The only diffeance is coolers and clocks really. Just go for cheaper one as the more expensive ones arent worth it. Dabs have an asus one of 160 quid I think.

3. staggerlee

staggerlee What's a Dremel?

thanks murraynt!

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

As for the compatabilty thing, some times it helps, but 90% the time it won't matter.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Depending how long you intend to keep the Card, is dependent of which manufacture and Warranty. So base your purchase on that. Otherwise it's just a brand name.

6. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

As above, all GTX 560 Ti should be SLI compatible. Brands = different temps, noise, OCing.

Motherboard brand vs GPU brand shouldn't matter.

7. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

This.

Pick on cooler & warranty vs price, and nothing else.

8. Deders

Deders Modder

Except if you try to combine a traditional 384 core 560 Ti with one of the new 448 core 560 Ti's. They are based on different chips and confusingly have the same name but are not compatible for SLI.

If you buy 2 of the same type that run at different speeds, the faster one will clock down to the slower one's speed.

9. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

I'll be a fanboy and recommend EVGA :D

10. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I'd go for the ASUS. I wrote in a very similar thread to this that the MSI has had its cooling changed, it's now louder. Which can be sorted by changing the fan profile apparently, but I'd rather have a card that's quiet out of the box then make it loud once I overclock it :thumb:

11. ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL What's a Dremel?

Id get an Asus

they presently cant be beaten on price and it performs really well its a crying shame that bittech have not reviewed it .. as in my sig its what i have

12. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

Asus best choice on my opinion, look at the years of service they have, the bulld quality, ok customer service is lacking but when you go to spend 100+ on what is essentially and an expensive bit of sand you may want to pay that lil extra at times for the best. Ive had a bad experience with MSI in the past hence why I prefer Asus.

The Asus performs slightly better whilst the cooling is better on the MSI but noisier. Hexus has a nice little section on graphics cards http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/30227-asus-geforce-gtx-560-ti-directcu-ii-top-graphics-card-review/

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

We can all shout the odds of who is the best manufacture. But it all boils down to how long you intend to keep the card, if you plan to watercool it. As different manufactures will allow this without voiding the warranty.

IMO Asus sucks as I have had 3 mobo's die, sound card die and a Rom drive die. But yet I will still give them a chance when I upgrade as it may just have been a bad batch and their quality in capacitors may have changed...(Richard Bindi, I know you will be hovering, so I welcome your comment to this) ;)

14. Ste#.

Ste#. What's a Dremel?

i would go for the MSI twin frozr. temps on that card are cold.