1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals suggest some sound cards please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chrisb2e9, 12 Dec 2011.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Hello, I am currently using the onboard sound that my system came with. Generally speaking it is ok but when I use headphones (any headphones) I get some pretty bad static.
    I used to have a sound blaster audigy. Thats the last sound card that I bought so that is how behind I am in sound tech.

I don't want to break the bank here, I just listen to music, movies and games and use generally speaking, cheap headphones.
    What sound card should I buy?

Thanks!

Also going to add that I have a pair of headphones with a mike. And for some reason they dont work with the onboard sound but I assume that they would with a stand along card?

Last edited: 12 Dec 2011
  2. Ljs

Ljs Modder

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/soundcards/2010/10/26/asus-xonar-dg-review/1

Not really sure on your budget, but this is about as cheap as it gets and its a decent card to boot.

Has a built-in headphone AMP which should suit your usage as well.

If you want to spend a bit more there are others in the Xonar range to suit most budgets. Regarding mics - my microphone went from pretty bad to freaking awesome plugged into a Xonar DS rather than on-board.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2011
  3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Cool, thanks!

4. GrameSmith

GrameSmith What's a Dremel?

try Dx 11 pci sound cards.