1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Cases that fit a Hydro 100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by staggerlee, 24 Dec 2011.

1. staggerlee

staggerlee What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Just got a Fractal r3 case and it doest fit my Hydro 100 on top fan mounts. Considered changing CPU Cooler since the R3 looks awesome and has the sound proofing fitted in, but i just wanted peoples options on what cases they use if they have a H100. Just watched a vid from corsair setting up a gaming rig and even there own model case couldn't fit a H100 with 4 fans for push pull.

Any suggestions for boxs that are nice as R3 but with space?

Or do you think its easier to change the H100 to a H60? (I couldnt fit the 2 fans of a H80 in the r3 either)

Thanks

S

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Are you sure you can't mount the H100 rad on the back of the R3?

3. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

if you cant find a way to fit it on the R3 then you can get a Fractal Arc Midi it defo fits the H100 in the roof

4. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

5. staggerlee

Back only has room for 1 - 120 fan :/

Only option (That i just read of) Is to put the fans outside the case and the rad inside... be ugly but i guess it could work. But really not a fan of that..

Looking around most cases seem to have the sound dampening foam, which is cool..

cases im looking at for the moment:

http://www.ebuyer.com/338358-corsair-graphite-600t-mid-tower-case-black-cc600tm

seems theres a multi layering of mesh to put fans on it to do:
    http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=97423

theres a few vids on youtube about the 600t with a H100,

This one puts the h100 on its side facing towards the hdds. Any views on doing this? just looking it seems i could fit it in my r3 case no problem. just if its a good idea..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pxJ6JECQuQ&feature=related

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Coolermaster HAF 922? It specs that it fits a 240 rad in the top.

7. staggerlee

hey guys thanks for the replies!

fdbh96
    Got excited on that one.. but it doesnt have 2 120 slots next to each other. so dont think theres a place i could put the H100?

flame696
    the h100 would fit in the r3 if it wasnt for my mobo (Asus P9X79 PRO) having a part block a fan (IT doesnt have a perfect fit either. It would be using 4/8 screws to attach it)

It seems the combination of a H100 + Corsair Vengeance Memory + Asus P9X79 PRO mobo. makes the case choice a nightmare (I looked at a H80 but the memory would be in the way from the back fans and again from the top.

KidMod, That thing is one ugly case.. but maybe thats what i need.

From what i can see the H100 fits lovely into a Obsidian 800 (a mer £200 case compared to a 70 odd r3 :/)

The Corsair 600t seems to fit it but very snuggly. which worries me with the mobo i have :/

Thanks for the input keep it coming please!

I see you can get smaller fans (slimmer) which has my fancy at the moment.. but clutching and staws comes to mind.

8. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Doesnt it have 2 slots at the top?

EDIT: just read your first post properly :) are you trying to use 4 fans or just 2?

Also i saw in a thread about a week ago about someone who fitted one in.

Sorry for not linking it as im on tapatalk.

Hi all, <br />
    <br />
    New problem (sigh!) i got a H100 cooler and to start it didn't fit in the case very well (see cry for help #1 http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=222975)<br />
    <br />
    I decided to stick with it (thanks for the advice) and stared to put things together. Now i have the motherboard in and when i try and put the cooler in I notice that they dont fit at all with the motherboard in. I cant even line any thing up to a possibly attach it.<br />
    <br />
    So i will be sending that back tomorrow and now looking for other options. there's the H80 which it looks like wont fit either, the depth would hit into memory. <br />
    <br />
    So im at the H60, which is just 1 fan i believe but the san thing basically as the H80?<br />
    <br />
    Any other views on what cpu cooler to get? I preferred the idea of the corsairs as it was water cooling (quiet) and seemed a nice clean install . <br />
    <br />
    Is it worth sticking with the Corsairs and the lower models or is it better to go with something like the Be Quiet Pro? <br />
    <br />
    Thanks <br />
    <br />
    S

Last edited: 24 Dec 2011
  9. staggerlee

10. Big Elf

You can use a rad mount to put the rad on the 120mm Fan externally (tubes would go through the 120mm fan hole) and the mount would put it away from the case for both fans to be effective.

11. staggerlee

fdbh96

Thanks that was me.

The R3's can have 2 120 fans on top but theres a slight gap between them. So if you want to put a H100 in you will need to just use 4/8 screws to keep it there.

When i put the motherboard in. I tried to attach the H100 but the motherboard has what ASUS call a Power control thats sits in the way. So you can line up any screws to attach it.

My first plan was change CPU cooler. But since the H80 would be blocked by memory (If i used the back fan option. and the power control if i used the top. That wasnt an option.

I then looked at the wind based cpu cooling. Bit the main ones mentioned looked likey relied on the memory not being crazy huge (which the Corsair Vengeance is :/) So it started going to using a H60 which i thought might not be worth taking the drop for.

So im looking at changing case instead now But trying to find a case that has a big enough cap between the top of it and where the motherboard starts is seeming rather hard as well.

The 600T seems possible. but all the vids and threads i read say its a tight fit with 2 fans. and with my motherboard having a large chunk of metal sticking out the top im not sure that will work.

The one case that looks like it will definitely work is the Corsair Obsidian 800, but thats a cool £200 for a case which i didnt really want to spend..

I guess another option my be to change motherboard. and try and pick one that doesnt have a large chunk of metal on the top.

In the end its all rather frustrating.. it seems like im going to have to guess on trying a new Case, Hope on a new motherboard. Or go for a weaker CPU Cooler which i dont really want to do.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for all the replies!

S

12. staggerlee

Sorry Big Elf,

Not sure what you mean:(

13. Big Elf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Use a rad mount similar to the one I used on this case to mount the rad to the rear 120mm fan holes. If you mount the rad with the tubing at the top it might feed through the fan hole (with the pump).