1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dude, where's my thread? or why we have moderators

Discussion in 'General' started by linear, 1 Apr 2003.

1. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Yeah that's pretty much what we're panning on doing :)

rob.

2. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I think some of you are forgetting that the moderators do an unpaid and unthankless task for the good of the community get off their backs and give them a break ffs. If you get a post deleted moved etc its nearly always your fault how about emailing them and asking politely u'll find it will get a much better response than annoying them :)

3. Moreland

Moreland banned

dont forgot without us there wouldnt be any forums

4. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

True but without the moderators there wouldnt be one either , it pays to be greatful to you host its called manners....

5. linear

linear Minimodder

Do you really think I forgot? Or is it just that you're so affronted that someone deleted one of your incandescently brilliant posts, that you didn't bother to read the thread you are responding to?
    Uh, I guess whatever the reason, you can't really be bothered to read threads before you reply. I'd like to thank you for demonstrating my point so vividly. If you had just thought to listen to the advice given, instead of getting your indignation on, then maybe someone might take you seriously.

But come on. If utter lack of social skills isn't clear to you at this point, I suggest you look in the mirror. And if you're looking for someone to blame for your posts getting binned or you getting banned, I also suggest that same course of action.

This thread didn't start off to be about you, but you made it about you. It's all about you now. and I don't really have the patience to deal with your kind of rampant egoism, especially when coupled with your contumelious combination of implacable ignorance and staggering stupidity.

(Translation of the above for your benefit: you pissed me off, moron. Goodbye.)

6. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

[​IMG]

And just to make clear, we're going to have a sticky to let you guys know what has happened to threads / publicly name and shame you :lol:

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ohh god, ive just had to pick myself up from the floor I was laughing so hard :thumb:

8. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

Nice job Linear, thanks.

Believe me, the massive overwhelming majority of users here have manners, respect, and are graciously thankful for the work of the moderators. Just the occasional bad apple.

9. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Nice BANner mrhaz. Bet you you have been dying to use that for ages mate...:hehe:

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

When the forums increased in size, there was also an increase in these "bad" apples, some people seem to prowl around the forums as if they own them, which understandably gets up the admins (and moderators') noses... you can only give people a certain number of chances before the door gets closed. :)

11. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

Personally, I consider myself more of a pear shape...

12. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

You're not exactly bad though are you mate :lol: you're just a little sarcastic, and your posts tend to make me smile at the very least.

There's a difference between the way you conduct yourself and the way some people think they can piss off the mods/admins and get away with it!

:thumb:

(mrhaz, nice smiley mate :hehe: )

13. six degrees

six degrees What's a Dremel?

genius, he got truly pwned :D

good post too, eloquent as any banning could ever be.....

good job....not just you, all the mods, I know I don't post *too* much, but I do read many threads and most of 'us' are intelligent people.... all in all :thumb:

:)

14. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

I've been here for some time (usually lurking in the background) and I think that the mods/admin need a pat on the back/pint/fancy new age cocktail (thats for you linear :p)for all the hardwork and effort they put into making this a good set of forums :)

15. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Smile for the day :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. linear

linear Minimodder

oooh, I'll have a carrot juice with spirulina, B12, and Stolichnaya, please.