1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Virgin Media

Discussion in 'General' started by khchan3501, 21 Dec 2011.

1. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Seems they perform better in some areas than others.
    Mine has been flawless.
    Would not change to any crappy ADSL service or "up to" speed service.

2. DK63

DK63 Resident magpie

Bit of advice. Copy your entire Steam folder to another location, you'll not need to redownload.

I'm on the 30Meg service, speeds are consistantly high 20's down, and always 3Meg up. I have been capped on occasions, but it's normally lifted after midnight. I tend to do all my downloading overnight anyway. I've recently had some line issues, connection dropping out, seems to be fixed now and they said they'd refund me but yet to see it. I am starting to hate the superhub though, wifi on it is so unstable. Sometimes can't connect when in the same room. I'm planning on setting it as a modem only and buying a decent router.

3. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

I used to be with Be, excellent ISP in my opinion, sadly they don't cover the exchange where I now live, only choice is talk talk or BT, both of which are adsl and require a phone line which I no longer need and am to tight to pay for. Luckily Virgin do cover my area, 10mb down all day long if I'm sensible and only really really hammer it at night. Only outages I've suffered were when a dodgy coax connection got damp or when the 'leccy meter runs out.