1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2 arrived damaged

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by Soniclord, 2 Jan 2012.

1. Soniclord

Soniclord What's a Dremel?

I ordered these components on Friday 20th December and paid for a Saturday delivery so I could complete my build over the weekend,

Akasa 12cm Silent Fan

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet (Rev 2)

Intel Core i7-960 Quad Core Processor

Corsair 12GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Three Module Kit

Antec One Hundred Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Paste

And when I opened the CPU fan I found the black mount for Intel processors was missing a tiny part and was also in 2 parts with no sign of the little bit snapped off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needless to say by pure luck I've managed to get hold of another Intel bracket so I can use the fan so I could complete my build but that doesn't deter from the fact the part was damaged, the plastic mount is also very flimsy, I've used these type of coolers in the past but the plastic used to be stronger!

Any chance I can get a replacement bracket or preferably get a refund on the cooler so I can buy a different one? As I'm a bit (a lot) dubious about the plastic not being strong enough now and I doubt I'd buy another one of those coolers.

Please let me know ASAP so I can place an order for a different cooler and to arrange for collection of the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2.

Thank you.

Last edited: 2 Jan 2012
  2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

You should be able to get a refund without any hassle - stuff arriving damaged is unacceptable and they should collect it at no charge to you. :) I've dealt with CCL before a few times and they are very reasonable and their customer service is spot on. :thumb:

3. Soniclord

Ok thanks LennyRhys,

I was pretty disappointed when I opened it thinking I wouldn't be able to complete my build especially since I paid for Saturday delivery just so I can do just that lol.

I'll go on the website now and arrange an rma for it and see if anyone from CCL visits here and sees this in the meantime :)

Do you know from your experience if I'll have to send it back to them myself of if they will pick it up?

EDIT: Just spotted this on CCL's website.

In the event that you open the package and it is damaged, again please contact Customer Services within 3 days of receiving the order and we will arrange a replacement, though you will have to return the faulty goods before a replacement can be sent out.

Also any chance you could take a look at my other thread please?

Recommended cooler for i7 960

Last edited: 2 Jan 2012
  4. Soniclord

Double post!

5. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Apologies, only just seen this thread, can I ask has it been sorted ?

We should be able to send out a replacement bracket, or if as you rightly say send it back to use we should be able to give you a refund so you can buy something else.

6. Soniclord

Hi Yorkie,

You work for CCL I presume?

Anyway I believe this is being dealt with by someone called Nowell, I returned several parts under the DSR 7 day period as unsuitable for what they were purchased for.

The rma number for those is RMT143850 and they were picked up yesterday for next day delivery back to CCL, can you chase it up for me and let me know the status and if the refund has been/is being processed?

Thank you.

7. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Indeed I do, now unfortunately not back in work until Saturday, where I will have a check and see whats gone on :)

8. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Right I can see that a credit note has been raised on our system for the items you decided to return to CCL, this was raised yesterday. Unfortunately I am unable to see if it has yet been processed back to your card, as the CCL Accounts team are not available on the weekend, It is likely that is has been however and the refund will show back onto the card that was used to pay in the next few days.

9. Soniclord

Ok cheers for that Yorkie. I'll look out for the refund early next week. :)

10. Soniclord

No refund yet Yorkie.

Will see if it goes in tomorrow.