1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project :: The Xtreme Dream!!! (56k Heavy)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Elemental_Dragon, 12 Jan 2012.

1. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

I had similar foam on my cosmos and white spirits got the residue crap off quite well iirc

2. myrizzle

myrizzle What's a Dremel?

My bad, i read it the wrong way :)

But its extreme, you can say that! Keep it up, lookin forwards to see temps on this rig when youre finished..

3. Elemental_Dragon

Elemental_Dragon What's a Dremel?

Cheers. I'll give this a go :D

4. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

5. matiss

matiss Minimodder

The first thing i thought after seeing your plans was like "never enough" ;)

With that much air pumping through the case you should think about putting a little wind machine right next to it to return power to the system :D

6. Briaireous

Briaireous What's a Dremel?

That is some impressive work there :) I wantz to see morz!!! Sub'd

7. Elemental_Dragon

My fiance would love that!

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

You could probably also use the damn thing as a hoover - just add a duct and dust bag, ramp the fans to max and in a couple of seconds it'll go through all the air inside your home :D

That's pretty serious watercooling, can't wait to see how you're going to fit all that stuff inside the case.

9. Elemental_Dragon

Apologies guys... I've been pretty sick with xtreme skitz... lost 1Kg so far =_=;;

I'll move them over to imagebam when I get the chance... Got more photos to share etc.

10. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Shame the bandwidth has been exceeded on photobucket.

Any chance you could transfer them to Bi-tech's own hosting service and link 'em in?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

11. Conica

Conica What's a Dremel?

Pfft. Bandwith, Useless i tells ya, Useless!

12. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Yeah Bex sort out yer pics:D

13. Elemental_Dragon

14. Elemental_Dragon

*** UPDATE TIME ***
    Firstly, I apologise. I've been pretty ill recently (major case of the skitz) and then I've been stuck in work until late etc. Was in London last weekend so absolutely no work done then. However! I do have pics to share and 2x orders have been made which should arrive in time for the weekend! ;)

So let me start with a tastey curry...

[​IMG]

The power food that my mister feeds me to keep me going and to remind me that diets aren't all that bad when you're sensible about it! (Yes, still dieting for my wedding dress... about 5Kg still to go!)

Then it was time for packages! ...of which www.scan.co.uk deserve a slap for this one. Why?

[​IMG]

Nice little package yes?

[​IMG]

It's very well wrapped?

[​IMG]

Remove the bubble wrap and... wha!?

[​IMG]

is that a...?

[​IMG]

Yes! That's right! All that wrapping and a £7.99 next day delivery charge from www.scan.co.uk for 1 tiny frickin barb!!! I was meant to have grommets but they were out of stock (or couldn't find the stock) so didn't ship it next day... instead it came the day after and instead of charging £3.99 I was left still charged with £7.99 and actually - thinking about it - I think I'm still due the refund!

Annoyed at this waste I turned to another annoyance... the craptacular phobya rubber shrouds and grommets... these will be the bane of my life for some time. Biggest waste of money and lack of quality control I've ever seen but have to make do with...

[​IMG]

*grumbles* and of course I always end up getting my hands stuck together...

A new day... another shop... more goodies!!! Nothing like new shinies to cheer you up! :D

[​IMG]

Some primer, some paint, some dust sheets, some white spirit, some more glue and another £1 scraper!

Another scraper Bex!?

Yes... I have much more to scrape off! But this time I'll be armed with white spirit!

[​IMG]
    Now at first, I tried a few different ways and the stuff still didn't want to come off...

So then I let it soak for a while whilst letting it seep in the nooks and crannies!

[​IMG]
    Ah hah!

[​IMG]
    Now the horrible stuff practically peels off! :D

[​IMG]
    Happy days!!!

So the next day I decided to get my old friend "Mister Drill" out.. This is all GarethS's fault that I ever got into de-riveting cases! DAMN YOU MAN!!!

[​IMG]
    I present to you "Mister Drill"

[​IMG]
    SAFETY FIRST CHILDREN! Hair tied back, goggles on and a handy workshirt... Yes I've chosen a Gigabyte one! :rofl:

[​IMG]
    Off with the wheels!

[​IMG]
    Buh-bai! :D

[​IMG]
    And to bits with the case!!!

...until

[​IMG]
    NOOOOO! Broke ma drill bit :cry:

A quick hunt around and I've found a spare! Huzzah!!!

[​IMG]
    ...then she was in pieces!

Right! Hopefully my deliveries arrive tomorrow, then I can do some more work and provide you all with some more updates! Sorry again for the time taken to rehost my pics and make a post so you know I'm still alive!

15. Elemental_Dragon

Oh - and just because I took so long - I'd like to post an extra feature...

The Bex-in-a-Box!
    I build PC's for my mates quite often..l all the parts usually come from www.scan.co.uk and on this occasion we had a single box for all the components and case! My fiance and I both looked at each other and were convinced I could have some fun with this box..

[​IMG]
    A special delivery from Scan Computers International. What could be inside?

[​IMG]
    It appears it's contents wants out! But Scan Computers International have made sure the box has been well sealed up

[​IMG]
    Peek-a-boo! I see you!!!

[​IMG]
    OH HERRO!!! What on earth has Scan Computers International shipped!? It's a BEX-IN-A-BOX!?

[​IMG]
    The goods from Scan Computers International emerge safe and sound!

[​IMG]
    Scan Computers International always pack their boxes with lots of padding to protect their goods! =D

[​IMG]
    Ok... I should probably get out and build the PC now... Thanks Scan Computers International for providing me with some fun

Cause whilst www.scan.co.uk did muck up my order, it's the first order they've mucked up for me out of all the years that I've been dealing with them. And clearly they know I play with my packaging XD

16. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

Nice to see a mod from you bex, loved the last one :)

17. andybones

andybones What's a Dremel?

Well, i thought it's time to post on here as other forum i'm on is a bit quiet.:(
    So this is were Tecky is building her rig then.:)
    Will keep an eye on this then.;)

Andy

18. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

Wow can they send for me something nice to :D

19. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

I think this is going to be great mod :D

20. Elemental_Dragon

I'm a bit behind on work but started doing a bit of paint (photos to come up later). I took a break though from the mod to do some overclocking.

I'm officially frozen by the draft of these fans but I Achieved 5.4Ghz on air (63% OC) so I could enter the Asus UK masters tournament. It won't be enough to be in the top 12 but it's worth a shot. If it stays dry I'll maybe setup a table and try and do some runs outside. I should have done it on Friday when it got down to ~-8c (my liquid from Mayhems arrived frozen!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I can get my hands on a E2140 then I'm in the money for the comp as I know it should be able to do 100% easy and with some luck I can push 150%