1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Case lighting. Talk to me.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ninjaplease, 5 Feb 2012.

1. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

Before you ask, yes I have trawled through many a forum and I'm even more confused than when I started.

My plan is to install two strips of light down the insides of my front bezel as it has little gaps cut into it, then have another two sources of light behind fans in the main section of the case. How would you guys recommend I achieve it?

I'm thinking blue if that helps...

Thanks

2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

So If I understand right, the light strips will be visible through gaps in the front bezel and then there are 2 more lights behind fans?
    I'd take the front bezel off and install(double-sided sticky tape) 2 blue LED strips, mod the on/off switch into the bezel.
    I'd probably use LED fans instead of having to deal with more wires to light the fans, alternatively you could use single LED's and drill holes into the fan frames, hot glue them in and have them powered off a molex connector.

3. Conica

Conica What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 5 Feb 2012
  4. ninjaplease

Good starts, I've got a Lian-Li PC-G50 in silver if that helps my description...

Any recommendations on where to purchase this stuff in the uk though?

I'm a student so I'm in Wavertree, nice to know I'm not alone up here though.

5. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

KustomPCs.co.uk
    Scan.co.uk

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

7. ninjaplease

Perfect, thankyou everyone. I believe that since I've taken the easy (noobish) route with this build so far, I'll do this properly and solder my own set. Will give updates soon hopefully.

update: picked up a pair of 12" blue cathodes and a blue LED 80mm top fan for £10 incl. shipping. yeeh.

Last edited: 6 Feb 2012