1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress rjkoneill's TJ11

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rjkoneill, 6 Feb 2012.

1. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys

Starting out on a new project very soon, currently amassing an arsenal of hardware. Plans are still undecided as its a very big case and my funds are ultra tight. It may end up being a boring build but I have a cool idea that hasn't been done before too.

I started a new thread as the TJ07 thread was a bit of a read so this should make it easier to follow.

The aim of this project is to do something a bit different but give myself something to work at.

I am looking for total silence. that is the new goal. my TJ07 was quiet but there was always bits on it that bugged me. hopefully i can sort things out with this new build.

as you can probably tell from the title, my love of Silverstone's watercooling cases is still going strong.

also, I wanted to do a 'look at all my hardware' picture.
    so here it is...

[​IMG]

Got a bit done today.

Mainly preparation work to get the case ready to build in.

Silverstone are flat out refusing to help me with a replacement power button which is nice. :rolleyes:

but Pulse Modding have made me a superb custom tinted window for the case.

I have used some black button allen head M3 screws to give it a stealth look as the silver ones that come as standard look a bit rubbish

not really much else to show as it has been a case of taking out all of the bits inside the case that I don't need and also deciding where bits are going.

Here are some pictures of my non standard window :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Feb 2012
    andrew8200m likes this.
  2. rjkoneill

This post has been washed away in longweight's tears.

the tears formed a large river that washed away all of my work downstream into post #1

:waah:

Last edited: 7 Feb 2012
  3. rjkoneill

Hello you...

[​IMG]

4. z3bb0

z3bb0 What's a Dremel?

Beast case :D what gpu are you gonna use?

5. peteski

peteski long live the pc

man thats a sweet case and mobo :rock: :rock: :rock:

6. KiiYzOo

KiiYzOo What's a Dremel?

wooo rjk!! :rock::rock:

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

2. Your first post must contain pics of the actual mod in progress. If all you have is an idea, you don't have a log. If all you have is some conceptual sketches, you don't have a log. If all you have to show is a heap of parts, you don't have a log. This forum is purely for concrete work in progress - the other modding forums are more appropriate for concepts and thoughts.

8. rjkoneill

thanks for the heads up

progress posted into post 1

:)

9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Excellent work.

Anyway back to the OP

Thats one nice case! I esspecially love the "custom" none standard (ie its a mod) dark perspex panel you have that has replaced the standard clear unit.

A good start to a "mod/project log" that clearly contains at least one "work in progress" as mentioned in post 1 by yourself with that lovely image of the window..

very "stealth" :rock:

10. rjkoneill

bit of progress this week.

got the majority of the system built. It is all in a functional state but I am not happy with the tubing route or the reservoir mod yet.

It have scoured high and low trying to find a male to male thread extension that means i can hang the reservoir from the roof of the case.

Mick had sent me some fluid for testing but I have been asked not to use it for the time being which means that I am just using pure H2O and a bit of biocide for the time being.

It is loking like I may just have to get some pastel orange once I have found a tubing that wont mist up with plasticiser. I love the look of Tygon but it goes horrible after a few days. considering TFC or Primochill.

Here was my TJ07 which I had to take apart first, few scratches on my paint job from all the hardware changes. Sad to see this one go :(

[​IMG]

Hardware all lined up for cleaning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TJ11 Vs TJ07

[​IMG]

Reservoir Roof Mod & Fill Port

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CPU Block Cleaning. No nickel corrosion on my non EN block. I had to swap the nickel plated bracket back to the black one for this build. I cleaned the impingement channels and installed the new high performance jet plate into the block whilst it was open. Notice a small amount of debris in the channels. This is why you need to flush your radiators before use :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Board Installation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

forgot the block needed to be rotated 90' :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

another 8GB of ballistix is going in next week too.

GTX 590 with block and backplate and Xonar D2X installed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't need the top fan in there so i have just put a plain fan grill in there.

[​IMG]

odd seeing all the IO ports at the top of a computer

[​IMG]

Gentle Typhoon 1850 in a pull configuration

[​IMG]

mounted using double sided sticky foam that I got a few years back from B&Q

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

loads of cable management to do and a bunch of setting up things like the aquaero so still got a heap of work to do on the project.

11. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Everything looks so clean right now, keep it like this, simplicity is beauty! :)

How are you going to connect the rad fans? Will you solder the fans together? Use a splitter like molex to 4-3pin cables?

Soldering all the fans together looks very clean, the only bad part of doing so is if you need to replace a fan hehe

12. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

double posted while reloading :S