1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards need a S1155 Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MonkeyBoss, 7 Feb 2012.

1. MonkeyBoss

MonkeyBoss What's a Dremel?

Recently been given a s1155 i7-2600 at a great price thanks to a mate, only probably is that i haven't got any parts to go with it, so i think i will be starting a new build.

Ideally i want a motherboard that fits the following...

- Around £60
    - SLI
    - ATX

now it has to be ATX so i can put it into my CM690II, i know i could just put a mATX board in there but i hate the look of a small board in a large case, ugly!

USB3 would also be a bonus :D

thanks

2. rem337

rem337 What's a Dremel?

3. Arednel

Arednel What's a Dremel?

The board linked is Xfire only not SLI, but yeah if you want SLI you're definitely going to have to pay more

4. rem337

rem337 What's a Dremel?

:duh: True! But tbh yeh the real point is that unfortunatly its gonna cost alot more than £60, looking closer to double for a board with good features and SLI.

Anyway with that awesome processor you'll want some good parts to go with it, right? :)

5. MonkeyBoss

thanks guys, when you say "awsome features" what sort of features do you mean? im not going to overclock at all, just run twin 560ti's

6. Wozza365

Wozza365 What's a Dremel?

the ASUS P8Z68-V will run SLI but you are looking at a much higher price

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If you want quality at an unrealistically low price and are not fussed about having a warranty, you could try bidding on something like this.

DISCALIMER: I am not pimping this seller - I am not affiliated with them in any way, it was just a random search to see what's out there. :thumb:

Edit: Just found a ASRock P67 Extreme4 that sold for £61.50 delivery included. Supports SLI/CF and has USB3. Sold as "seller refurbished" (i.e. they wiped the TIM and dust off it).

Last edited: 7 Feb 2012
  8. MonkeyBoss

thanks for the info guys, will be watching ebay over the next few days, hopefully ill find a bargain

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder