1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Your favourite food / Share your recipes!

Discussion in 'General' started by AoE, 6 Feb 2012.

1. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

Ham sandwich. No contest.

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Uberladas. Enchiladas but made with minced beef instead of chicken and each one has a single strip of smoked streaky bacon inside.

3. Just Jon

Just Jon User title provided by Skimtitles

I get a loaf tin, put a bit of oil and butter in and sit it on a very low hob. I make a white sauce (not scientifically, just a lump of melted butter in the pan, a spoon of flour and cook it a bit. Then add milk slowly and keep stirring till it's a good consistency).

While the sauce is slowly cooking out I thinly (sorta) slice a few spuds and onions. A wild pack of rindless bacon appears and I begin to layer the stuff... Spuds - Onions - Bacon - Sauce (not too much, just enough to spread over the bacon layer). Season each layer of spuds. The last layer is spuds that gets topped with the remaining sauce. Bung it in a low to medium oven and bake, when the top is brown and a knife doesn't grate between layers when it's pushed down, I'm done.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2012
  4. JMMD

JMMD What's a Dremel?

I probably would eat pizza a few times a week if I could. No delivery or frozen, home-made or good quality pizza at a restaurant.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Either salmon or a good steak. A rare seared ribeye or a grilled fillet, both only lightly seasoned to keep the flavor of the meat. Mashed potatoes and veggies on the side.

6. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Chicken alfredo (with some cashews mixed in)

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Too damn many to mention.
    Chicken Leek Stroganoff is on the list, as is some of the better meat we get here (trust me - nothing competes with Namibian game fillet, for example). A good chili, a good goulash (and I make a mean one of both), Namibian Rock Lobster pan-fried, a "spitbraai" (that's lamb on a spit over a fire, nursed for hours and hours and hours), etc...
    Most definitely not italian though - which might have to do with the crap pizza we get here and my allergy to eggs making it impossible for me to eat anything but the cheapest dried pasta.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Don't have a single favorite, but a couple of things I'd eat even when not hungry:
    Tortillas (or fajitas/burritos/you name it)
    Slow-cooked open flame salmon (also other smoky fish)
    Lots and lots of asian foods

9. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Ooh, I forgot.

I could live on Stuffing and gravy.

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

A highland cow. Pretty much any meat from the hairy beast tastes amazing and it has less fat and cholesterol than chicken. I encourage anyone reading this to go online and order some beef from a highland cow. You will thank me for it when you taste it.

Sushi, Shasimi and Ramen would also be high on my list. I love it! On honeymoon in Fiji we caught a giant Trevally in the morning and were eating Shasimi from it by afternoon. Amazing.

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Agreed.

12. hamlin

hamlin What's a Dremel?

Chinese and Italian

13. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Sauerkraut and Bratwurst for me :jawdrop: I also like sweet and sour chicken.

14. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

My homemade steak sauce made with red wine, balsamic vinegar, red onion, shallots, beef stock and some various fresh herbs, ontop of a nice fillet steak done medium rare (closer to rare), with my homemade over chips, and honey & balsamic (or bourbon depending on mood) glazed carrots.

Pic doesn't do it justice, due to iPhone camera and poor lighting, but was delicious! And easy to scale for a dinner party.

[​IMG]

15. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and chives then wrapped in smoked salmon and roasted. Serve with nice, crispy roast potatoes and your veg of choice. Other than that it would have to be a proper rabbit pie.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Sushi is also high on my list...

17. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

A man after my own heart.

Highly suggest trying Longhorn and Dexter too. Aberdeen Angus is so so so overrated but I'm sure you know what I mean :)

Edit:

Oh well if we are doing pictures:

Shin of veal

[​IMG]

6 hour breast of lamb with apricot, walnut and anchovy stuffing

[​IMG]

Flash roasted woodcock with pata negro lardo jacket spuds

[​IMG]

And a hint of how I cook when I'm actually paying attention, An Arnold Bennet Soufflé

[​IMG]

And to whoever it was that asked why I don't like chilli - I've just never had one that has really grabbed me, it's mainly a texture thing and I'd much quicker goto asian cooking when I want to get spiced out. As I say, swings and roundabouts.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2012
  18. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Quit making me hungry!

19. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

^ Some good looking food up there. No matter how fancy something might be, I'll always prefer a proper english fry-up.

20. LeonaS

LeonaS What's a Dremel?

I agree, cheesecake is definitely one of my favourites! YUM