1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolermaster Aero 7 HSF

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 12 Apr 2003.

1. Cheese

Cheese Doc

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Thats one fine looking hsf. doesnt appear to perform too badly either..
    I swear I saw these for sale on a UK site the other day but I cant find it.. maybe I didnt.. ahh well.

3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

:) Let me know if you find where you saw it, I had a quick search but couldn't find any stockists (though I'm sure it'll be everywhere soon!).

Cheers,

Rob.

4. Reflex

Reflex What's a Dremel?

maplins will prolly stock it as they have tonnes of coolermaster stuff. Will be a bit more pricey tho

5. Avatar28

I wanna get one of those fans and drop it onto my SK-7 and see how it does. Blowers are supposed to generate more static pressure compared to an axial fan so that they can do a good job forcing the air into the narrow gaps between the fins.

I don't supposed you tried putting that fan on your SK-6 did you? I'd be real interested in finding out how it did.

6. Cheese

Cheese Doc

I didn't, mainly because the sk6 doesn't really have a mounting mechanism for screw in fans :(

Maybe I'll have a play next time I fit it to something though, it's a good thought ;)

Rob.

7. BoCoMoFo

BoCoMoFo What's a Dremel?

As big as that thing is, I'm surprised they used a heatsink clip that only holds onto two posts instead of all six :eyebrow:

Also, the green is pretty damn ugly. I'll stick with my Vantec Aeroflow for now.

8. Cheese

Cheese Doc

You didn't pay very close attention to the review did you?

[​IMG]

;)

Rob.

9. JeffPH

JeffPH What's a Dremel?

nice HSF:)

is it loud?

10. Slannesh

Slannesh What's a Dremel?

I've seen reviews for it on other sites. If I recall correctly it's quiet compared to other heat sinks that perform as well but still pretty loud overall. I think Tom's Hardware threw it up against a bunch of others and it gave good overall results.

11. JeffPH

JeffPH What's a Dremel?

hehe hope it comes out soon........

Look what i found i guys an aero for P4 :)

[​IMG]

12. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Looks like CM haven't given up on those heat pipes then ;)

Rob.

13. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Aero 7 for sale

Hey all, first post and its a goodun.. i hope..

Well, was browsing the scan one day deals which is awsome at the best of times and needless to say i came accross the Aero 7.

I was.. suprsed and well.. overjoyed.. clicked the order button without even thinking about it, lol.. 24quid on a one day deal and i believe there 28 or 29 not on the one day deals.

Anyway, check out Scan

Hope this helps someone, cant wait to stick mine in, Will replace my thermosonic and mechano match up nicely :naughty:

Check out my mechano mean machine <here> i know its not tidy but i was in a rush to clear out some room and its 370Kb so not that large.

Cheers, Proph.

14. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Re: Aero 7 for sale

Hehe... you need to give your graphics card a clean I think :)

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the tip,

Rob.

15. SJP

SJP What's a Dremel?

I have read that there are (were?) problems with the Aero7 fan (I believe it was seizing due to too-tight bolts) and that they'd been recalled from dealers.

16. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

And its in... :clap:

:clap: What can i say, swift arrival from scan as always and the fan doesnt seem overtight at all..

Right, first off, on silent, this thing is silent, infact on halfspeed (~2700rpm) its silent.. (my silent being cant here it above my 80mm 20cfm case fans which are pretty quiet.) Anyway, yes, indeed, awsome piece of kit, well worth every penny, slapped some ASII inbetween and presto chango 55c -> 41c on no load (100% fan) 45c (40% fan/SILENT) and 59c -> 48c on max load (with 100% fan but cant here it over ut2k3 anyway) all temps taken with an incredibly hot 34c case.. man.. my room is warm and the reason its so high is the silent fans i have dont push *that* much air but thats why there silent :jawdrop:

Installation was very smooth, longest part was getting the thermoengine off :rolleyes: , man what a ****e clip that is, rofl.. The clip on the aero 7 is as said, feckin awsome!

One problem was the pot, the 3.5inch mount doesnt have very long brackets and looks a bit funny in beige cases :wallbash: so.. out came the power tools, drilled a hole and a lil hole for the stopper and presto, a lil marker and careful drawing and it looks like it was there all along! :clap: (check pic iv)

No scares, No worries, 1.4 Tbird at 1.5! Cant go wrong, and o yea, some pics.. <Before> and <After>, <After I>, <After II>, <After III>, <After IV>. :clap:

Enjoy, Proph.

Last edited: 20 May 2003
  17. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

18. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Re: Dam links, sorry

Hehe I think it's just you, and I, II, III and IV still aren't working for me ;)

Rob.

19. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Sorry to say but it looks like 1 of coolmasters cheap crap fan like the Xdream, the Xdream was a crap fan and this one looks so cheap.....
    Has got a nice copper serface and its differnet..

Coolmaster do make hell good stuff e.g. hhc-L61 cpu heat pipe fan thats good...

But good review rob;)

Ben

20. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Neh, stupid dam ftp, will sort it 2moro..

That and uhh.. cheap.. for what it is i thought it was fairly cheap yea..

Looks, cheap... no way man.. looks awsome.. and is most certainly not crap.. well.. judging this compared against the 4 other hsf's ive had and some reviews of the other Ubah HSF's this is certainly decent..

Anyway, works for me.. but each to there own.

Tags: Add Tags