1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were it legal to carry firearms in your country...

Discussion in 'General' started by penski, 15 Apr 2003.

1. penski

penski BodMod

Charver, Radgie, Shan...

Words like that are Romany in origin - they tend to be widespread int heir variants and uses.

Romany: Chav

Where I'm from, a Chav or Chavva is a boy...

Shan just means something that's not nice to me...

"He stole your skateboard? that's kinda shan..."

Anyone use 'scranning'? To me it means hungry but friends I know (Nottingham) use it to mean 'going mental'

*n

2. fatal_error

fatal_error What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 16 Apr 2003
  3. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

nah, Penski's right.

charva is a boy,

radge/radgie is mad/nutter

shan/shant is something bad/ embarrassing/embarrassed

whats a granda cap? Like a Flat cap?

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Right time to add my 2p worth

No i've never been ataked nore am i planning to in the future will fight for myself if the time arrisses hopefully i've learned enough from 3+ years of Ninjitsu and fighting at school loads and fights with bro. If the time arisses and i do get stuck i can run ****ing fast put sprint most ppl i now.

If you don't need to fight don't if you do RUN if your stuck then kick some ass.

there you go mock and take the piss out of that if you like is my opinion and im not bigging myself its just if you have no confidence in getting your self out of a sticky situation (no comments not funny) then you will be buggered(no pun intended).

5. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Around here we're quite lucky, not much serious attacks unless you cross "territory" and the only random attacks seem to come from 4" tall (aboutt RTT's size :D ) *kids* trying to impress the ladies.

They're way is - The "leader" will hit you, if you go down the lads join in, if however you get back up (if the initial punch was enough to put you down) or try and fight back the girls set on you, because you aint really sposed to hit girls.. but you can shove, so if you shove the girls out the way and go for the lads, at least one has a mobile or a whistle, and within minutes 20 more can appear from nowhere.... still, I'd kinda like one of them to start on me sometime because I seriously want to open a can of whoop ass.... I remember a time in the local club when I had some argument with a guy who used to work there who's an *******, and I had him held by the shoulder, and he tried to push me off and said - "I'll effin punch you", to which my reply was, "yeah, but bear it in mind, your weedy, I'm not, you might puch faster and might get a few in, but I can put muscle behind my punches and it'll only take a few to put you down." at which point I pushed him off and he scurried away tail between his legs.

My brother was kinda mugged in liverpool b4, he was walking with headphones in and a gang stopped him and said give me your effing wallet, now my brother is a genious can you say Head Boy, First Class honours, Distinction in Masters Degree learnt in night school, PHD...etc? but not really "one to the world" so in his usual "away with the fairies" mode he replied ever so politely...

"Excuse me?" and the gang "leader" just said, "oh, sorry never mind mate!" I guess they we're after a fight more than the wallet!

6. penski

penski BodMod

I can't run (after about 50 metres my kneecap goes 'oh...ffs...' and stops working).

I can stick up for myself however.

So I can run...then fall over...then get beat to crap because I'm in too much pain to fight back...

Or...

I can stay and fight and maybe lose, maybe win and at least give some of what I'm given back to them...

*n

PS: to those who say that 'in the event of...' something like this happening they will use their mad leet kung fu skillz...It's far easier and more effective to fight dirty (knees, teeth, elbows, head...) than to square up to an opponent then carefully go through a routine of select moves :) (this isn't having a go at you...just saying how I see it :))

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

i now this if i got into a fight on the street most of my ninjitsu skill will mean dick but i now enough good **** that will work. If you want to learn how to fight heres my best tips

1-go to a club i went to ninjitsu there you will learn how to keep fit, learn new things get some decent moves to use in sticky situation.

2-then go to as many other clubs as you can possibly handle then you are slightly aware of everything else.

Then do some boxing when it all boils down to it basicly on the street you will be in a fist fight and martial art skills mean dick you need to know how to punch and where to punch thme and a good guard doesn't go a miss.

hence i've got my guard sorted covers my head and jaw most improtant bits you can get punched in the stomach as many times as you like but it only take 1 punch in the jaw to take you down protect it.
    Your main aim of the firght is to take the guy down before he takes you down seclect your punches when you can and keep your gurad up.
    This may seem like a whole bunch of **** but alot of thought has gone into it and one day i may have too implement it i've had many a fights with my bro where we gone all out on eacth othe ri mean all out head smashing into the ground etc (hope mums not reading) but if you feel compeled to carry a knife as it makes you feel safe well go for it but i wouldn't as its wrong can cause you damage and what happens if you pull it out and drop it or somin then the attacker has the knife is pissed at you for taking it out and is no going to turn you into a pepper pot :(

Empty out

8. penski

penski BodMod

I know how to disable someone with a knife and how to handle one myself to avoid losing it.

There's also a certain smug satisfaction in kneeling your full weight on the back of someone's neck with their arm twisted up and beside your hip...Just make sure that when you let them up you scrape their head on the tarmac for a while.

Left knee: on the back of their neck.

Left hand: holding their left arm up by your waist.

Right foot: standing on their right hand.

Right hand: gesticulating, scratching your arse, punching them in the head...whatever you want.

How would you get out of that, M_D_K?

:)
    *n

9. pritsey

pritsey Minimodder

I agree. Best not to carry anything at all.

Learn how to 'Jap Slap'. Take the other guy down and run.

If it gets up close, nothing like a good head butt to his nose. His eyes will start to water and he won't be able to see squat. Then make your exit......

10. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

For starters i wouldn't get in that situation if your going down then take the other ****er with you. If you are in that situation your basicly ****ed and i also don't believe in beating some one when there down if you've taken them go leave or control the situation with a light call of the police. if they pulled a knife on you then thats a different situation and you have a full right to tear them a new ass.

And penski im not trying to have a im better then you situation thats just chldish so grow up im giving my opinion on how i would sort out the situation if you want to know what its like to be beaten up ask my brother him and his mate where out on the town and 4 guys jumped them my brother got beaten up by all 4 of them not sure what happened to friend but my bro lost a tooth in that one. Now we train and fight together to avoid another similar invident.

Example of a situation couple months back walking home from trainning was walking down the bak of bus shelter when a fat guys was walking towards us fat guy i moved and so did my bro but the guy brushed shoulders now we talked thsi guy down out of a fight he was pissed and well up for it, if you talk to the ppl and try to avoid an insident it tends to work.

11. penski

penski BodMod

I'm not trying to play a better than you game, dude :)

*n

(I do know what it'slike to be beaten up: I've taken more than my fair share)

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

ok good well least we got that sorted out and im sorry for all the **** you may of got into and hope you can do something about it.

13. Madyeti

Madyeti Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

I routinely carry a leatherman utility tool on my person, (and at school, where all knifes are bad) because I find that I use it always for the tools, and not the knife. Doing routine computer work and technical theater teaches you to carry one tool for multiple situations. However, I guess Leatherman tools are considered weapons for the blades.

Not being 18, I would not carry a firearm, and even if I was, I wouldn't.

PS, I have this leatherman, one of the best investments for a modder on the go! http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/wave/default.asp

14. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 What's a Dremel?

at a shooting range :rock:

15. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

I actually miss the times I got into fights (few as they were). I was oddly adept in hand to hand combat. For some reason, I could litterally catch someones fist as it was going to hit me, pull their arm and then wrap it aroung their back.

But my favourite move was grabbing someone by the wrist and making him fly. Because of my weight/strength/height I was able to swing them around so fast that their legs lifted of the ground, they never come back after you do that to them (too scared you'd let go... making them go flying into a brick wall).

ahh... the good ol' days, when a beating was a bloody nose, not a cracked rib.

16. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Ok haven't read anything apart from the subject, but when I lived in South Africa it was legal, and pretty much necessary so I used to carry around various 9mm's (insert rambo smilie here)

17. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

I bet it was :hehe:

18. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Sure was dude, unfortunately everyone else thought the same, and that ended up in a lot of trouble, serious trouble, like car-shooting chases :eeek:

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ive read through most of this an still I cant find any justification for carrying a deadly weapon.

Self defence, well yeh **** happens and im glad I dont live in an area like some of you.

So you have a gun and find yourself in a situation where you feel threatened - do you fire first and ask questions later? its easy on a dark night to blow the whole situation out of proportion (paranoia, fear etc) and whats the end result - someones dead and you are in prison.

20. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Well, from my experience carrying a firearm is more about intimidation more than anything else.

And tbh if someone breaks into your home and you have a wife and children to protect you will for sure fire first and ask questions later. I know I would.