1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Komarin is pretty bad agreed. From position II you can go to E4 and shoot defenders as they come across to camp but someone really needs to get to E, F2/3 and spot tanks getting into the middle for arty. Ditto from side I to E/F9 and can go to the window in the middle over the bridge (F5ish).

Fast meds and lights can cross bridges and hang around by the enemie's cap zones. I'm interested to know if anyone else has little tactics they want to share. I know there are buildings in the middle island now but had trouble finding a newer map.

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

The thundercap.

4-10 tanks rush the cap zone.

Form up so the tanks at the back do the capping, the ones in front tank the shots.

Win in about 1-2 minutes.
    or
    Lose in 4-5 minutes

I've won it with about 5 tanks in the past. Lost it with 4 because they were too slow.

Get your tanks back for another battle.

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I try to convince everyone to just come cap with me. If they do we win. If they don't I do it anyway and die. Hate that map.

4. Domestic_ginger

Thats the company battle way; both teams try it and it can be quite close.

Awful xp and money though.

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Komarin and Campanovka are the two map where I don't care if my team wins or not, I just hope that it ends quickly. I just don't know why people play those maps out. In the time they waste camping they could have played 2 or 3 other battles and make a lot more xp and credits.

6. Domestic_ginger

Campikova is quite good imo. I don't like it so much in a slow heavy but it requires good teamwork; mm can make it difficult if you don't get fast enough tanks but its more of a challange. Guaranteed scout medal too in a high tier light or med.

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

mines is another map that can be a pain in the arse
    whoever generally gets more 'fast' tanks usually wins
    they rush for the hill, which makes the slower team have a BIG problem as just about every move they make, will put them in line of sight from the hill and it can be a real bugger to remove tanks from the hill as they get perfect cover, while your exposed for a very long time
    i do admit komarin is the worst map tho...even campinovka isnt all that bad imo
    i can usually do some good regardless of what im driving :)

8. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

On mines I always go for the town. If someone wants to shoot at me from the hill I just nail them when they pop out then I go into cover. Then someone else shoots them and they run away only to come back and repeat the process until arty kills them.

9. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I actually find Prokhorovka to be more of a problem than any other. Not because of the map itself but more the way people play it. All left and/or right leaving 2 or 3 tanks to hold the entire middle ground. I may just be a touch bitter though as I do seem to be subject to perpetual pillaging on that map, no matter where I place my arty some smegger in a light either shoots me or spots me for his arty to do so :sigh:

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Mines I head to the town.
    Komarin I go to the island.
    Prokhorovka I go middle.
    Campanovka I've started to directly suicide rush the enemy base.

11. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Let the fun begin! :D

12. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

just got me t34 maxed out!!!

13. Lance

American or Russian?

14. Domestic_ginger

Should be Yankee; T-34 is soviet. I hope you have the T-30 in your garage ready for the update!

15. Lance

But you just got it wrong for the T30.... lol

16. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i hate Murovanka...the spotting system is completly broken on it...
    i was watching an enemy tank...dissapear - reappear a second later...dissapear again...then magically re-appear without anything between me and him then he dissapeared within 100m...fired 4 shots without revealing himself... in the end i had to run at him...and still i rammed him before he became visable

17. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

my t34 is russian i think

18. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

Can anyone give me any tips for playing the IS?

I'm having lots of trouble fighting tier 8, 9, 10 with it. It seems in the battles I play it is a very poor performer however Ive seen a friend get three kill per battle with it. I guess it something to do with the modules he has equiped?

19. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Get the D10T gun immediately.
    All tanks suck when stock and doubly so when facing higher tier enemies particularly when your tank has a below average penetration gun.
    Generally just act as support for your team big guns. Its a good opportunity to learn high tier tank weakspots while repairs aren't too bad and to practise flanking stuff using the IS speed.

Its not really surprising given the you've just come from the KV's insane gun and KV3's insane armour that the IS isn't quite as great in comparison.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2012
  20. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

Thank you mucgoo. I've played about 150 battles with the IS so far and have around 26K xp towards the IS3. Ive had this many battles because ive only had about 2 days premium on it.

I have the rammer and the best gun......it just seems the IS doesnt cut it for me some how? I think your right about be getting used to the insane KV3 armour and the derpies on the KV.

Do I need the spall liner for the IS? Also how should I train my crew..cammo or repair skill?