1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Keyboard Type LCD info Screens - Are they available SEPERATE?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stu @ MSD, 13 Mar 2012.

1. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    Not sure how best to word the title, but what I am asking is this:

Is there anything available that allows me to output info such as cpu temp etc to a small screen, like you can on a Logitech G19 for instance?

Example of the G19 screen taking info from Aida 64 / Everest.
    [​IMG]

Reason, I really fancy a different keyboard like the black widow, but could really use that screen for monitoring stuff while extreme benchmarking.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

If you get a VFD with a usb input you can connect it to your PC then use either LCDsmartie or the software that comes with the VFD (if it's a posh colour one) to post things like temps etc.

3. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

You could try a Logitech G13 keypad whose display can show temperature information (via MSI Afterburner for GPUs and CoreTemp for CPUs). The display is limited to a single (configurable) colour and the keypad can go alongside your current keyboard.

Since the G13 display is compatible with Logitech's other models (unlike the G19), there should be more programs available that can use it. The downside is Logitech's horrible driver software (which for some reason, hogged 100MB of GPU memory on my system when the G13 was connected) but that is presumably a known issue for you.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Get something like a Lilliput UM70 and run rainmeter on it.