News Double Fine Adventure closes at $3.3 million

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 14 Mar 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

I'm much more tempted to contribute to Wasteland 2 than an adventure game I know nothing about personally. Hope it reaches 1.5 million plus.

3. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

yay Wasteland 2, goes and gets me some of that :D

JBond likes this.
  4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

It's a classic point and click adventure game made by Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert. What more do you need to know than that?

Although I guess if you haven't played Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Maniac Mansion, The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle or Grim Fandango, you wouldn't know what that meant.

5. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

I've played a few and only really liked Grim Fandango and Monkey Island. Just my tastes.
    In the same way, I liked Psychonauts and Stacking looks good, but Brutal Legend not my bag.
    So I wouldn't throw my cash at the project just because of two of the personnel but I understand other people doing it, sure.

Wasteland 2 project is specific enough so that I know I'd want to buy it.

6. Jampotp

Jampotp What's a Dremel?

I'm going to go ahead and be horrifyingly preachy: Interesting how people are prepared to donate money to a commercial game producer, due to their desire to play a game. I bet they wouldn't be so keen to donate to a charity... such as errrr... invisible children?

And btw, I am a complete hypocrite, since I haven't donated more than 1p change to charity for over a year.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

People do that all the time; it's called "buying a game" (or "pre-ordering a game," in this case.) People also 'donate' money to supermarkets, clothing shops, cinemas, pubs, takeaways, bowling alleys, arcades, the government, plumbers, gas and electric suppliers and various other institutions in exchange for goods or services. 'Round these parts, we call it 'commerce' - or, if you like, 'capitalism.'
    As well they shouldn't: there are serious questions about the group's ethics.
    You should; it's remarkably easy to donate these days. Might I suggest you start by donating £5 to Sport Relief via SMS?

8. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I've thrown some money at a few kick starter projects and been very impressed with the results, although its really down the guys coding and their love for what they are doing. I'm hoping someone wants to make Privateer 3 :)

9. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

How the hell did I miss this? It was monkey Island that got me into computing, wish them well.

Tags: Add Tags