1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is it possible to play the PS2/Xbox version of 007 - Nightfire on PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by j4mi3, 23 Mar 2012.

1. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

There is a pc version, but i found it is actually totally different than the console (ps2 and xbox), and all in all, it sucks more than you can imagine.

i was wondering if you know if it is possible to have an exact copy of the console versions, somehow made playable on pc

that would be great. i actually have it on xbox downstairs, but i prefer gaming on pc

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Doubt it, IIRC, I think there are emulators, but you have to have the console or something........I think.

I think PS2/Xbox was just at the era where emulators stopped. Whether it was due to the power required to emulate the console, or due to copyright protection stuff I don't know. I wouldn't imagine it would be easy anyway.

Even if someone ported it across, I doubt it would be exactly the same as on console.

3. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

damn that sucks

4. Ronaldo 9

Ronaldo 9 Minimodder

Yes you can do it and it is easy peasy.

What you need is an emulator called PCSX2 and a PS2 bios (Found anywhere on the net).

Real easy and 100% legal (AFAIK) if you own the game.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Shows what I know, :D :D :D

My research was done a few years ago, and seemed more trouble than it was worth at the time.

6. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

A few years ago it probably was due to the inefficiencies of emulation, which meant a very good CPU was required to get even more basic games to run well. A 2600K at 4.6GHz easily fills this requirement. I actually used the method described (PCSX2 + PS2 BIOS + PS3 Dualshock and Motioninjoy) to replay Wipeout Fusion, which I adore (first PS2 game, and the PS2 was my first "real" console/gaming experience), and the best thing is it's still great today...

You can just use the original PS2 disk as well, unless you no longer have it in which case finding a ROM is up to you...

7. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

Is there also an emulator like this for xbox? I have the xbox disc not ps2. I originally had it on playstation, but I sold it. Then I regretted selling so bought it back on xbox lol

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I do believe there might be an original Xbox emulator out there, but once again; you have to legally own the console to begin with. Much like you have to legally own a game to have an image file of it on the PC and not get busted for Piracy.

9. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

oh yes, i do own the game. i bought it for 99p pre owned lol

:p

it seems after doing a google search there are only two, and they both suck. ps2 it is i guess. i cant believe they made the pc version so much worse. if you played both you'd know what i mean

classic game though. hours and hours of fun were had on that back in the early 00's

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

PCSX2 is a great emulator. Have it on my system. Runs fine used Deamon tools to make iso of my games. Loads and plays like a charm.

11. travisridesbikes

travisridesbikes What's a Dremel?

took the words right out of my mouth! :thumb:

12. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Man, I need an Xbox emulator so I can play The Warriors, definitely my favourite game ever made.