1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows FAO Yodasarmpit, RE: Anytime + for non sky broadband subscribers

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 30 Jan 2012.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Yay - I'm signed up for it now. Just need to connect the box to my router when I get home. :)

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

ROFL! I bumped this thread with the news of it and yet still haven't got around to setting it up :duh:
    Has anyone got it up and running? Worthwhile? Easy? PITA?

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'd say it's worth it, especially when you realise you have missed the first episode in a new series/season and it's available on Anytime+.

4. chrisdj

chrisdj What's a Dremel?

Yoda, we need your help

Recently downgraded my sky package (due to arrival of TV and sexy times interruption unit aka baby), and the lady on the phone said that Anytime+ was about to become available for other BB users of sky (Be There here). However tried to upgrade, but says my Thompson Sky+ HD box is not compatible. It tells me to call the drones, but surely they will tell me I have to upgrade to a newer box, which will cost £££. The box obviously has an ethernet port, its seen on the router, but no anytime+ option. Is it a question of sucking it and getting a box off ebay?

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

You could try to blag it off Sky, but after a downgrade I doubt you'll have much luck, but it's got to be worth a punt.

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Sorry mate, but the Thompson boxes were incompatible, that's why Sky carried out a free swap out of Thompson boxes earlier in the year.
    You will be needing a newer STB I'm afraid.

7. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Dead easy.

Plug it into your router, and it should automagically pick up an IP address if your DHCP'ing. If if not you'll have to manually enter the details.

Oh - and you also need to turn on the network setting in the Customise tab of the settings menu.

Then it just works. :)

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Those are the words we like to hear :)