1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Just had the BEST game ever in my Panther.

7 Kills Which is just awesome to start with.

my last 3 kills I was the only one left on my team.

I had 100% HP as id been hiding in a bush for the first 6 mins of the game (my brother decided to upload some YouTube vids and a few mine craft maps in the middle of the game). I had 999ms latency!

Emerged from lag in the middle of a **** storm, took out a pair of Sherman's and an AMX 13-75. (still lagging pretty bad at this point).

Added a KV to the list shortly after.

But this point imp all on my own, but I still haven't taken any damage, been tracked once and a few glancing shots from the KV.

I have a Tiger P @ about 65% HP and a IS @ 100% HP both out for my blood, and imp still getting 350ms latency!

Also present was some tracked arty (American tier 1-2 don't know the name).

Dispatched the tiger pretty quickly as he was floundering about trying to CAP, I had a height advantage and plunged a few shots into the top of his engine bay.

Arty starts to open up on me, take a hit, down to 85% HP.

IS starts his attack, (I am no longer camouflaged but still have my height advantage). Have to start moving or the arty will nail me again, rush out to meet IS on open ground. First shot does no damage but a critical on his turret, he starts tracking slowly. Second shot tracks him, he's a sitting duck. Dance around him firing round after round into his side and rear. He only fires twice, one miss one ricochet. (Arty still indiscriminately pummelling away).

IS is down, I'm still @ 85% HP only have the arty left. I have no idea where he is hiding. He gets a shot off just after I finish the IS, damages my track and gun, repair gun but am slowed quite significantly by damaged track. Head toward their flag.

Arty pings up on Map, he's just behind their flag covered by some buildings. The direct hit and subsequent near misses means I'm down to 27% HP! I'm slow and week, round the corner of the building just as he reloads, he fires and misses. I stick a HE round down his muzzle.

I was buzzing for 15 minutes after!

2. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

Awesome:thumb: You are invited to join our Clan. We play for fun. Platoon up and kill some tanks. Whats your name in game?
    http://www.dudsgamers.co.uk/

3. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Ha thanks matey : ) I don't currently have a premium accout and I'm off on training next week but add me and ill get on it when I'm at home!

Name: Thisisthecall

4. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

I am playing it at the moment. Dont forget to buy the WET because your ammo rack only has 200 HP. To make matters worse it is the entire side of the turret and the top part of the hull (nearly half the width of the hull)! Even a short 88 can one shot you, if they have Dead Eye!

It might also be a good idea to use any free XP you have to buy the better gun too. The 122 mm D-25T is a "bouncey-bouncey" gun when your drawn into tier 9-10 games. Better to have the 122 mm BL-9 which will cost you 44K XP. People will tell you to get the side shots and flank with the IS3....easier said than done when you facing blocks of three tier 9-10 tanks covering each other!

On a side note, has anyone noticed recently the decline in skilled players in the high tier games? A friend suggested to me this is because of the Type 59 players ( and other visa warriors) using their free xp to buy the better tanks. They then appear to game with out a clue how to use the tanks they have just unlocked and as a result die in the most pathetic fashion exhibited in a game of Tanks :)? Is there any truth to this?

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Tbh, playing tier 9 and 10 tanks requires a different approach to anything else, there could just be a lot of new people to those tiers, and don't forget WoT rule number one: Pubs are crap :lol:.

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

ive seen a few absolute idiots in teir X tanks
    had a MAUS on campinovka just sucidide himself across the middle at the start of a game 'coz he didnt like this map' i mean what a waste que insane credit loss on his part eh ? but as he said ' i have gold to pay for my tank'
    alright for those that have it

also has anyone seen arctic pass recently ?? i havent played that map in a fair while...

7. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

I had it once all weekend! Mike

8. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Dont underestimate a maus rush in malinovka - it can be GREAT fun:)

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah, although he was our sole teirX
    wasnt to bad tho, by the time he was dead...they had lost alot more tanks than we had ( about 6 if memory serves me right ) most of the defenders had been destroyed so about 2 mins later an IS4 rushed as well...and my ( TigerP ) went after him and people just emerged from camping to rush
    in the end we roflstomped
    but the maus driver must have lost an insane amount of credits

10. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

It's only about 30k to repair a Maus.

11. dmarook

dmarook What's a Dremel?

7.3 Out tomorrow. Waiting for my new tanks. :)

12. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

As per Ian's observation... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Pfff, beat that earlier in my Churchill :D.

[​IMG]

Not as nice a hit ratio, but still :D.

Edit: Actually you were top tier, and only one T8 per team, one 7 and loads of <=6, no wonder you weren't one-shotted or set on fire :thumb:

Last edited: 8 May 2012
  14. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Not bad ;)

Oh you failed to mention I put shells into 2 thirds of their team and took out both their tier 8 and their tier 7 also :hehe:

Tut bloody sigh, ok ok I had a field day and it was a turkey shoot but it still took place on the accursed Province :thumb:

15. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

I have started to play my tetrach and PzKpfw 38H735 (f) during the 5x madness and for a bit of fun in one game I killed 8 of the enemy tanks and could only watch as the other side captured. :duh:

16. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Just wanted to put this outthere:p
    [​IMG]

17. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Pope.

Why do you have 30k gold in your account? Are you made of money?

However the 400k free xp is pretty epic.

EDIT!!!

**** ME THATS £100.00 WORTH!

18. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I have a screenshot where there is 75K gold:p

And btw, there is 500K free xp:D I am going for the million!

Edit: Could not find one with the 75, but here is one with 60:p

http://tosed.dk/billeder/games/garage.jpg

Did use quite a lot to get to Bat-Chat though:)

19. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Oh yeah I was looking at the 4 million silver.

I'm struggling to the 2.5mil to get my is-3.

By the end of the week I want to have an IS3, a Amx13-90 and SU100.

Not sure if I can but I can try.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Well, I'm not sure what they've done exactly with the KV-3 but it's soooo much better. I know it's gone up a tier and been rebalanced but it feels that much more rounded, I am impressed. The KV-1 and KV-2 are also fairly good. The T-150 however is a bit of a pig and with HE rouns in the 122mm i get a penetration message and then less than 100 damage when the round should be doing 450? odd. I thught HE would do mammoth damaghe when it penetrates but still do small damage when it doesn't instead of the all or nothing of AP. Meh, still fun.