1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Recent BSODs

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by mr.a2008, 11 May 2012.

1. mr.a2008

mr.a2008 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys and gals,

I recently have had a couple of BSODS recently and I know one of them is a CD/DVD/BluRay drive filter but still cant figure out how to sort that.

Here are the BSOD mini dump, its on dropbox Click here

Many thanks for the help

Mr.a
    Spec in sig

Last edited: 11 May 2012
  2. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

I'm no pro about these things but it I'll tell you what I know.

Your dumps have stop codes 0x000000d1 and 4e, and d1 is probably faulty drivers. 4e looks like either faulty software or hardware but doing a search says it's a Roxio driver and alot of people are having trouble as they're not digitally signed.

Try updating all your drivers first mainly from the manufacturers, and if you are update then it could be faulty hardware, try swapping the hardware if you can just to test.

In your sig your PSU isn't there, I'd also look at that. Alot of people forget about the PSU when they're adding hardware like HDD's specially external.

Last edited: 12 May 2012
  3. mr.a2008

mr.a2008 What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, I don't have any Roxio drivers. What I do have installed is PowerDVD, MagicDisc, AnyDVD HD. I don't think that there is any conflicts between them there really but who knows.

Like you said it could be faulty hardware or failing hardware.

What I have noticed when looking at my Minidumps is that 2 File names pop up all the time: ntoskrnl.exe and PxHlpa64.sys.

Looking back on them there is that consistency. How would I go updating these files.

Oh and just updated all drivers now. Now is the waiting game.

4. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

Some other things I would do, check for virus/trojan/malware, check the registry just incase it's corrupted, run sfc /scannow from the command prompt this will check the system files for faults.

From what I know, PxHlpa64.sys is a Sonic Solutions driver which does software like MyDVD, Creator, Toast, CinePlayer, Easy VHS to DVD, CinemaNow, PhotoShow and DivX.

Do you have DivX installed?

Last edited: 13 May 2012