1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Sabertooth 990fx/cpu fan problem.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Si-borg, 7 May 2012.

1. Si-borg

Si-borg What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone,

After finishing my build today and powering up,i've noticed in the uefi/bios that my cpu fan is only running at 530rpm and nothing is being detected in the cpu opt connector??
    I've tried the fans from my be quiet dark rock pro c1 on a friends setup and there spinning away nicely,yet on my rig they run slow??

I can still use my set up but don't feel confident enough to overclock the system yet without working out what could be the cause of this??

Has anybody else had this problem??

If its any help,this is what im using:
    Sabertooth 990fx (latest bios installed)
    Amd phenom II x6 1100T BE
    Gtx 560 direct cuII oc
    Corsair vengence LP 8GB ram (2x 4GB)
    Corsair modXtreme 700W modulator psu
    Ocz agility III 90GB ssd
    LG optical drive (hdd to come).

Thanks for any help/guidance :thumb:

2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

does the fan show as this speed on the thermal radar too ?

my cpu at idle shows about 27 degrees , and 850 rpm on a single fan asus axe square cooler. If your temps are much lower i'd of thought that could lead to slower fan speeds.

the cpu opt header is the only one i don't use, so i don't know if it's normal for that to not to show up because of a bug or something.

3. fr0Zen

fr0Zen back i guess

You can set fan profiles in AIsuite under thermalradar then fans and then set fan profile, for OC go with turbo

4. Si-borg

Si-borg What's a Dremel?

Thnx your reply fr0zen and splosh. Splosh,i can't remember the speeds recorded in thermal radar. Unfortunetly,im working away from home at he m

5. Si-borg

Si-borg What's a Dremel?

...Working away from home at the moment,so can't check until weekend. I do remember my cpu being around 26-27 degrees when idle with both fans spining.

6. Si-borg

Si-borg What's a Dremel?

Hello again. I've done some testing this weekend and realised the mobo needs replacing. I've tried connecting several different fans and two different cpu cooler fans to the cpu and cpu opt fan but the mobo still doesnt find anything connected to them?
    I double checked before testing each fan,that the cpu and cpu opt fan headers are enabled and not ignored in the advanced bios sertings and boh are enabled.
    :-(

Tags: